PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 79 Honda z50 the carb is set up perfect but had to adjust everything after a rebuild. At first my plug was all carbon up so I raised the clip up one now it’s running perfect except when you put it in gear if you don’t give it some throttle it stalls. Not sure what to look at as I said when ideal it run perfect, kicks over first kick but the min you engage the gear it stalls. When driving it the engine runs great no more black plug. Can someone help me with this issue

·
Registered
1970 CT70
96 Posts
Sounds like you may need a clutch adjustment. It may be grabbing when you shift into gear and the idle itself isn’t quite strong enough to keep it going. Could always raise the idle a touch too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like you may need a clutch adjustment. It may be grabbing when you shift into gear and the idle itself isn’t quite strong enough to keep it going. Could always raise the idle a touch too.
I adjusted the clutch and its set up perfect, but today when running it same issue, but now the spark plug is all carbon up again, so going to adjust the needle clip as it was in the middle then I moved it up one notch because it was causing the plug to foul on carbon so now it looks to need adjusting again as it still is carbon up. the bike runs good but it fouls the plug and when shift into gear it bogs out so having a bit of a issue here. close but not perfect yet

1 - 3 of 3 Posts