PlanetMinis Forums banner

Question about 88 kit with stock pipe

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  reserectedmxr 
#1 ·
I have a BBR 88cc kit with 18mm carb and a FMF Powercore 4 big bore pipe. The jetting was done by someone with experience. So, I want to get a stock pipe so I can have a spark arrester. Will I have problems trail riding with the stock pipe? I called BBR and they said most likely I would have to re-jet the bike to run good because the stock pipe is restricting. So does anybody have experience with a stock pipe on and 88 kit. I don't mind losing power, but I don't want to stall and bog or mess my bike up, but I don't want to mess with the jetting and idle when I change pipes back and forth.

#7 ·
So, I put the stock pipe on, and it bogs real bad in first gear, and runs best in third gear, but it surges. I was hoping I didn't have to adjust the carb, but it isn't running good, so what adjustments should I do, going from a big bore pipe to stock, and it bogs now.

#10 ·
SLAyER said:
I made my fmf 4.1 sparkarrested so its "legal" hahha. Modded this to fit in it.....

LRD Spark Arrestor Muffler Insert at BikeBandit.com

Mainly wanted it for the metal sticker, stating that it is forrestry approved haha.

$17 and a few pop rivets... this LRD screen/sticker combo looks like the way. Here is a little tidbit I found when researching spark arrestors:

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.