PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally brought my childhood bike back to life! She survived my older brother and then me but she sure was beat after that. When I was a teenager I thought it would be a good idea to paint it... wish I wouldn’t have, and then I thought it would be a good idea to tear the motor down and that’s how it sat for the last 12ish years.
Bought a Lifan 125 kit with carb and electrical from tbusa over the Rona break. Some other small bits like cables and chain finished it off and in an evening I had the bike back to life! For the first time everything went together perfectly and had zero hiccups. I had an old rusty clapped out Chinese exhaust I cut and cobbed for now, sounds like shit but my god this small of a chassis is a wheelie machine lmao!
She’s no beauty queen but shes back to life!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Excellent Job.✅..cool video...(y) Post a pic of the other side. What carb are you using?
tmas
i will have to take some more photos of it. its the vm22 that comes with the kit. Pretty sure its authentic. Ran great right out of the box. However i am confused on how Mikuni has different designs with their carbs. For example the vm22 i put on my ttr110 uses the hex style main jet that is bolted directly behind the carb drain bolt and has the airscrew on the right side vs this one that has the air screw on the bottom and uses round style mains centered inside the bowl. Both are 22mm flange mount versions.

I will say though this version of the vm22 is slightly harder to work on but is noticeably smaller all around and especially in the slide area. So for anyone out there trying to cram it in a tight spot this one would be the one to go with.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts