PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a front and rear shock off a blaster tonight for 10 bucks. I am going to see if i can get the front shock (14 inches from eye to eye) to fit on my 50 with the PW 80 swingarm. In theory it should work....but it might involve a dremel...some duct tape....and a variety of 4 letter words. Any advise on how to spread the subframe on my stock frame to wedge that thing in? It doesn't seem a whole lot bigger than the stock one...but I about to find out. And i'm off.

·
Registered
4,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well... it was a 10 dollar experiment i guess. The swingarm is going to work, but i gues i'm going to break down and buy an ishock or something. The blaster shock is just too long. The shock needs to be about 12 inches from eye to eye. What is the length of an i-shock in inches? If i am running a +2 swingarm with an I-shock, will a +1 fork kit make the bike sit level...or will it look like its going downhill?

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Bro. I know you don't wanna spend the moeny. But go ahead and spend the money on the good stuff because in the end your going to be regretting it. Just trust me.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
you can mount a PW swingarm I just took one off a frame set I had about a hour ago you need to use a 12 inch eye shock if you need one I got one for a hundred bucks its brand new and is a full nitrgen shock.

another thing the swingarm pivots are alittle closer so you might have to grind on your frames pivot points and you will need some differant spacers for the wheel.

·
Registered
4,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I hope rmracer....or whoever it was that was waving the BS flag at me reads that last post by you vince. The PW singer is going to work, with a little finesse. I just ground the stock spacer down to fit. I will have to grind the inner part of the swingarm mounts and the brand new $20 bushings....but oh well :roll: I will buy that shock from you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.