PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought the TB race head, and i want to install everything today, i am wondering if i need any speacial tools, like valve spring compressor? also any tip, or sugestions on putting it together, lmk.

thanks

morgan

·
Registered
31 Posts
have fun :twisted: the tools probably the best. we made ours out of a c clamp and old socket that was the same size as spring retainer. you need to cut a decent size window out of socket to get the valve locks in. eye protection is not required here, but highly recommended. use a little screwdriver with a dab of grease on the end to hold the locks and stick them in. if springs are progressive put end where coils are closer towards the head. if i remember right everything else was easy. gl

·
Registered
593 Posts
crfnaround said:
have fun :twisted: the tools probably the best. we made ours out of a c clamp and old socket that was the same size as spring retainer. you need to cut a decent size window out of socket to get the valve locks in. eye protection is not required here, but highly recommended. use a little screwdriver with a dab of grease on the end to hold the locks and stick them in. if springs are progressive put end where coils are closer towards the head. if i remember right everything else was easy. gl

thats exactly how i did it

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have made ghetto compressors like that before, we'll se how it goes, i'm gonna go tear into it right now :arrow:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.