PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put my first big bore on the '07 case and i am having a new problem (for me) that I could use your wisdom/learned lessons...

So the motor has a V2 165 race head (ported) TK35S cam, and with a 165 cylinder & scut piston. The engine also has a Takegawa light weight flywheel and stator. To complement this it has a 28mm PK Keihin carb and a PC exhaust.

The bike starts in the first kick and idles like a champ, however the problem is that when I open the throttle and get the RPMs up, the engine starts pulsating. I do not think I am redlining the motor, but it seems that the engine is not getting enough fuel...

I live at 8500 feet, and bought the setup from a California.

Any ideas?

thx.

JC

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Valve lash? is that the valves hitting the piston?

I leaned out the carb a bit, I changed the pilot from a 42 to a 40, and lowered the clip from middle to #4 position; the main jet was set at 105.

As for cam ignition and timing, I set the valves at TDC matching the cam (loose tappets); the TB stamp was to my left as I faced the CAm and installed the cam gear at TDC relatice to the piston and iginition. As for the carb, it was dry when I installed it and the fuel is fresh (no water). I'll try a fresh plug tomorrow and check the timing again.

Thanks for the tips;)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To give a bit more detail on the symptoms, the pulsating occurs when I hold the throttle half open. The engine revs up like a champ but it peaks and bogs down, then it revs back up and bogs again, etc. This occurs with the throttle half open or fully open.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.