PlanetMinis Forums banner

Protec pipe

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  SixSixSix 
#1 ·
pic of a protec pipe?

#5 ·
I would just like to say that the Protec pipe is the best pipe we have ever tryed and we have tryed them all the only pipe that comes close is the TBR . the protec works great for the 88cc kit and even better on 105cc's,110cc's and 118cc's this pipe rocks and the guys at Protec are great people to deal with . check out there other pipes the raptor set up adds 14.7 hp now that is huge for a pipe mod so you know they know what they are doing

#10 ·
The Protec pipe is a stepped header if you look closer this is where you get back pressure not at the tip that only affects sound resinence and a tiny portion of the back pressure . now the reason they do steps is for what they exhuast pulses you see a four strokes fire every other stroke and they create pulses the distance of the first step determanes the back pressure the there is a break point where the pipe opens up more to alow flow . the pipes that are not designed like this( TBR, SANO,Classic ) do not allow smaller displacement motors have the bottem end snappyness they are designed for big motors with higher compression ratios so this step is not needed .

I still beleive the biggest HP gains we have seen are on the bikes that we have used Protec pipes on . I know they sound a little tinny but who cares about that it is performance we are after

PS. yes the Protec pipe for the Raptor gives 14.7 HP gains I checked with them and they said it is weard but it is true

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.