PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My on and off project since '06 is finally finished.

Donor bike was a 2005 L model.

Frankenbike breakdown:

Kitaco 143 kit with Kitaco race cam

Port and polish work on head

TM 24mm flatside carb bored to 26mm

Lightened flywheel

Pro Circuit T-4 pipe

Uni air filter/modified air box

Custom made triple clamps (takes off 5/8" of rake)

KX 85 front forks revalved and resprung with .42's

KX 100 19" front wheel

KX 85 front master cylinder and brake caliper

Modified YZ 85 front fender

YZ 80 rear fender

TAG T2 bars with mini works bend with 1.5" tusk bar risers

Renthal grips

ASV F-1 brake and clutch levers

Works Connection brake res. caps

GYTR billet oil cap/timing plugs/drain plug

Throttle Jockey seat cover w/ custom tall foam

Big Nutz billet gas cap

BBR frame cradle (powder coated Yamaha blue)

BBR shift lever

Modified YZ 85 swingarm with KX 85 axle extensions

YZ 85 rear caliper

KX 85 axle

KX 85 Billet axle blocks

RM 85 16" Rear wheel

Tusk rear brake rotor

CRF 450R rear master cylinder/res.

Custom made rear master cylinder mount

Modified Pro Circuit YZF 450 foot pegs

Custom made Works rear shock valved for 185lbs and under rider (has 10" of rear wheel travel)

Custom made rear connecting arm linkage

Regina 428 Gold chain

Renthal rear sprocket 50th w/12th front

Modified TT-R/YZ 85 rear brake lever

Custom made stainless steel brake lines

Gas tank dyed black

Radiator shrouds dyed white

Graphics by owner

Kitchen sink is somewhere on there!!:p

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Very cool! I admire the tremendous effort you have put into it and it turned out awesome!

I have collected a lot of the parts to do just about the same thing to my wife's TTR, but I'm having second thoughts about it and thinking of scrapping the entire idea for a modded DRZ/KLX (especially after seeing settintrendz KLX!). Yours makes me reconsider it once again! Dang it...

I'm extremely curious about how you dyed the tank shrouds so 'white'! ...care to shed some light on the process you used?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks SMP for the kindness.

Yeah, settintrendz' KLX is just nuts.

The white dye is more like a paint formulated for plastics. I got it from a company in Canada called Parisol. It comes in quarts and gallons. It is supposed to embed itself into the plastic. They claim it is more durable than spray paint.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Oh my goodness! That thing is sooooo rad. Fantastic job! Look factory. Very interested in how you feel it handles and how you like the kitaco kit. Love it man!!!!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wandell, settintrendz you guys are too kind.

It handles great. It took some time to dial in the suspension though.

It rips pretty good for what it is, but It would be interesting to see some dyno numbers.

Hey settintrendz, after seeing all your pimped out rides it inspired me to go out and take some pics of my rig.

·
Registered
38 Posts
HOLY CRAP!! Great job on that skoot Dude!! Love it! I applaud you on your patience in taking 4 years to complete.....when I start a project, patience are thrown out the window! What a great combo of components....a true "frankenbike"! Any idea on how much you got invested in that ride? Or is it best not to think about it? Job well done! I bet it is a blast to ride!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks buzzman.

The suspension mods only took me 4 months to have it the way I wanted. I just lagged over the years to get the engine done.

Basically when I got the bike I parted everything out except the frame, engine, tank and seat. Most of that money covered the front and back suspension, wheels, brakes, fab work etc. It also helps that I have friend who is a metal fabricator and 3 friends who are tuners. I basically only have about $700 out of pocket not counting the price of the bike.

·
Registered
864 Posts
man this thing is awesome, love all the different components used, 80 fenders, RM rear wheel, CRF master, that's just awesome. I am also curious as to how you like the kitaco kit, opinions!?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks TwoBros-OneTen.

The Kitaco kit rips. It is night and day difference over my wife's uncorked TTR.

But to get the full potential out of any big bore kit it helps to do the air box mod/filter, pipe, bigger carb., lightened flywheel, head porting, rev box and lets not forget suspension.

There should be 11 - 14hp of potential out there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts