PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
put old forks and a old swing arm on my stock 50 frame, the forks are 25 inches long from bottom of the clamps to the wheel axle stock i think are about 20, the swingarm is 17 to the rear wheel axle, as you can probly guess the result was a badass looking chopper, got a shock relocation bracket it help but still have a chopper, i picked up the back wheel today and i need the rear wheel raised roughly 5-6 inches for the bike to sit flat, i know a longer shock would work but it wont fit in between the 50 frame without heavy modifying ill try and get pics this weekend but any ideas on a longer shock that will fit or what else i can do??????

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i put the new swimgarm on and it still sits like a chopper the new swing arm is 17 from were it mounts to the frame to the rear wheel axle and how long in the fox air shock do you know because i need it to raise the rear 5 inches i think the fox floats are only lik 11 inches long is this correct?

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Opps haha! I thought you wanted to chopper the bike. Then I finished reading! lol

You just need a different shock and the relocation bracket...

Anyways, I leave this pic up for the hell of it...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
haha thoses are pretty sweet and i have the relocation bracket and what shock should i use, most of the aftermarket shocks are only just a little over 10 inches, i need the back to raise a good 5 inches will a klx 110 shock fit or somthing similar, the extra shock from my chinesse 110 is to wide to fit in the frame

·
Registered
6 Posts
No I don't think it would... But it does make your forks look raked out like they do.... It's not all of your problem, but from the pics it looks like it is part of it.... If the frame isn't bent then the front end would actually be higher, so maybe it's a good thing LOL

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
frame totally looks bent, heating and trying to bend it back wont work as it will bend twice as easily since its already been stressed in that point. Heating it bending it back and welding on gussets or braces might work but you'd be better off buying a nice +1 billetware frame or something Probably find a used frame here for a few hun

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
doopsx3 said:
yep a DNM FASTACE WORKS ELKA ETC.....

what doopsx3 said for the rear...I'm thinking fastace just for the cheaper price? frame definately looks streched/bent. If you are looking for a frame to replace that make sure to get one that is designed for that style swinger so you dont have to mod the frame when you do get the right rear shock on it.

Wont help a ton but you can slide your fork tubes up a little to decrease the rake a bit.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.