PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During the colder months, I spend my time building projects to have them ready by Spring time. On my 2003 Honda Monkey, I always wanted to go a different route by dressing up the motor, but the aftermarket parts choices are pretty limited when it comes to pure "Bling" in my opinion. I want quality dress up parts that scream style, but aren't an advertising billboard for a companies products. And NO IRON CROSSES or powdercoated parts! I'm also a huge fan for polished billet alluminum.

Enter Cold-Fusion www.cold-fusion.com billet engine accessories. Found the website a couple of months ago, and these parts are pure jewelry! Picked up the phone, called Cold Fusion, and a 4 days later, the parts were at my door. Very friendly and great to deal with.

The quality and craftsmanship are second to none, and rival the best JDM parts in the business. I've seen numerous G-craft pieces first-hand, and these parts are machined much nicer.

I picked up the diamond cut cam cover, the atomic head cover, and the diamond cut stator cover. Cold-fusion does have their name engraved on the pieces, but it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb, and to be honest, you have to get pretty close to the bike to see their script. Exactly what I've been looking for and exactly what I wanted. Installation took less than 10 minutes, and the fit and finish was perfect.

See the pictures for yourself and you can be the judge...

Picture of the diamond cut cam cover and Atomic Head cover:

Here's another:

Pictures of the diamond cut stator cover:

And another picture of the diamond cut stator cover and cam cover:

Cold-Fusion also sent me a bunch of sticker sets I have no use for, so if any of you are into stickers, send me a PM with your full name and address, and I'll drop them into an envelope to you. I'll cover the 37 cent stamp. First three people to PM me with their contact information get the stickers

According to Cold-Fusion, these parts can be ordered directly from them from anyone in the the USA, even in CA. There contact information is on their website, which is posted above.

If you want something different, and like billet aluminum with some style, I would give two big thumbs up to these parts. Now while they might not be for everyone, with this addition to my bike, I have a feeling I'll be bringing home some trophies this winter when the bike hits the show circuit.

Keep the rubber side down fellas. This is just one man's humble opinion.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Re: PRODUCT REVIEW - COLD FUSION ENGINE DRESS UP PARTS - WOW

And NO IRON CROSSES or powdercoated parts!

GEE, I wonder who that was aimed at? :wink:

Who makes those crazy round pegs and head breather? Is the shift lever cold-fusion as well?

If you want something different, and like billet aluminum with some style, I would give two big thumbs up to these parts. Now while they might not be for everyone, with this addition to my bike, I have a feeling I'll be bringing home some trophies this winter when the bike hits the show circuit.

It does look very nice Dan, how bout a pic of the whole bike?

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Iron crosses weren't aimed at you. Don't take it personal, as it's a matter of preference. I make it a strong point not to be a running company billboard.

The shifter and footpegs are made by CF Posh in Japan. If you notice they are offset up 1 cm so you can lean the bike over further in the turns without dragging them. The shifter as you can see can be adjusted in length. The head breather is a part of my oil catch tank system also made by CF Posh. Nobody in the USA carries these parts. The stainless braided hose for the oil cooler is 5AN hose by Earls, with the Earl's econofit hose ends.

Pics of the whole bike? I'll see what I can get done next weekend when I'm draining all the fuel..

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
you really need that 1/4" (?) feul line?

but i agree with you on the quality of cold fusion, although their standards are alot less than the shops im used to, the parts are just beautiful, intracite, and top of the line cnc

when i say the standards are less i mean they are slow production(wont affect you if your buyin from them ;) ) and the shops deal with hundreths of inches instead of thousanths (also wont affect your product quality)

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
five0addict said:
you really need that 1/4" (?) feul line?

but i agree with you on the quality of cold fusion, although their standards are alot less than the shops im used to, the parts are just beautiful, intracite, and top of the line cnc

when i say the standards are less i mean they are slow production(wont affect you if your buyin from them ;) ) and the shops deal with hundreths of inches instead of thousanths (also wont affect your product quality)

The stock Honda Monkey fuel tap is tiny, and I replaced it with a high-flow fuel tap and needed a bigger diameter hose. Notice the bend I was up against, so I went with nylon reinforced hose for no possible kinks, ever, and I like to stay with a clear hose (albiet yellowing) so I can see if their is gas flowing through the lines. The carb is a VM26 Mikuni.

As far as the standards comment, you may want to give Cold-fusion a call to discuss their processes, as I was extremely impressed with their capabilities.

They hold millionths of an inch regularly on many of their

aerospace parts (Mini parts is a fraction of their business). In fact, I would almost bet they are one of the few manufacturers with a full inspection dept and a coordinate measuring machine (CMM).

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
MulishaSympathizer said:

I'm sure both companies stand behind their processes.
yea, my riding buddys dad helped make those! he also made a triple clamp that i guess was way better than the applied and others(big bike) the name next intent racing came up but thats as far as it got. neway he is the pickiest person when it comes to his work, anything less than complete perfection is totally unacceptable. not that it matters after production, but CF isnt up to whats considered perfection. again this does NOT affect there quality, i know that it is some of the nicest work around. this is off topic so im done

·
Registered
0 Posts
Z88 - I knew you weren't talking about my bike but a certain company. :wink:

The one CF part that I did not like is their gas caps.

When I was getting off a bike with one, my knee barely hit it and it hurt. Those edges are SHARP. 8O

I couldn't imagine slamming into it while racing or jumping...

(witness Beckwell's 'knee in' style )

Otherwise, you are correct, compared to the other offerings, the CF stuff is jewelry.

Five0- pointless. 8O

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quick house cleaning item. It took almost 8 hours for people to claim the free stickers I was giving away in my original posting, and they are all gone now.

Can't believe anyone didn't jump at the chance for free stuff. The free sticker giveaway is now done, so no more PM's on that subject. Mucho Gracias.

·
Registered
452 Posts
So these guys took a ****? website no worky

·
Registered
452 Posts
I know the date of the thread, was just wondering if the company was still around.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.