PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently ordered $1700 worth of minibike goodies from a reputeable US dealer and had them shipped to the UK.... i beleive i only paid duty on $100 worth.... The shipment has gone very wrong with the van catching fire and the police taking the van for inspection etc.... Now my goodies have been burnt and taken away so how do i stand with getting new parts replaced???? i'm pressuming the company i orderd from for import duties quoted $100 of goodies and also only insured it for the same??? i'm not sure how all this kinda thing works any ideas? am i likely to get my stuff replaced? or have i lost $1700 dollars all up in smoke?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Sounds to me like you might have a problem, I know that when I ship out of the country, I have to declare the actual value of the goods for customs. If you only paid duty tax on $100.00 you could be in trouble. I would contact the distributor and see if in fact he screwed up! Good luck.

Don

·
Registered
178 Posts
I believe the shipper is at fault for not properly insuring the goods. But I seriously doubt they will replace any or all of the items.... Sorry to say, but you very well could be screwed.... :(

·
Registered
10,051 Posts
When you ordered the goods, did you stress to the company you wanted these items shipped and insured for actual value, or did you tell them to lower the amounts so you didn't have to pay as much VAT?

Contact the company you purchased the goods from and work it out. They should be liable if they fudged the insurance amounts, and you will be liable if you asked them to lower the value to circumvent paying more VAT.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.