PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have an 04 110. A Trailbikes 134 kit with the cam and the 26mm carb. I put in HD clutch springs as well. Other than that, no mods to the engine and the cases have not been split.

So anyways, I been having some issues. It rides fine, a little hard to shift, like, I have to lift up kind of hard and far and sometimes, if I'm sitting, have to move the bike backwards a couple inches to get it to go. I think when I did my clutch springs, I might have put that little part back on like a tooth off.

But more than that, I notice when I'm riding, I'll come to a stop and I can still hear something spinning in my lower end, like a whirring noise and over the past few days, if I land kind of hard, I can hear it then too, but it will catch and I don't really feel it kick in or anything, I can just hear it though.

Anyone got any ideas? Should I start putting some money aside for an 08 110 when they come out or should I split the cases and do some engine work and fix what's going on inside?

thanks for any ideas /advice.

dustin

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
all six...

anything I should look for when I do the oil next time? Which is probably gonna be in the next few days and I'm gonna take the clutch cover and the other cover off and check things out and make sure everything looks legit.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I rode it today. Still haven't changed the oil, keep forgetting to pick up a filter, been to two different kawi shops in the past three days too, damn.

Anyways, today the only time I noticed this happening was when I bumped jumped anything. I would bump off the jump and land standing up and it was almost like it was in neutral, I would give it gas and it would immediately engage, but until that point, I was just coasting, basically until the next jump which is like a good 25 feet away.

Any more ideas would be great. Could this be a bad shift star? I really have no idea.

thanks!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Check the splines on the crank mounted clutch.I had one in the shop that did almost the same thing.They were stripped,really noticed the noise when you turned it off.

JC

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JCMINIS said:
Check the splines on the crank mounted clutch.I had one in the shop that did almost the same thing.They were stripped,really noticed the noise when you turned it off.

JC

I should be able to see this with just pulling off the clutch cover right? I might end up doing this on sunday evening. I was also thinking of picking up a new shift star and the quick shift kit from CHP, but I keep reading something about 04 and older bikes need to the shifter upgraded or something....

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Yes youll have to pull the cover to see the splines,if you do the CHP shaft you will have to upgrade the shifter.I ordered a sunline for a 07 and it worked on my 03.The quick shift kit is awesome.

JC

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
JCMINIS said:
Yes youll have to pull the cover to see the splines,if you do the CHP shaft you will have to upgrade the shifter.I ordered a sunline for a 07 and it worked on my 03.The quick shift kit is awesome.

JC

Is it because the splines are different? Right now I have an IMS folding lever.

Also, if the threads on the clutch are messed up, is it gonna be a pain to replace them? AKA will I need to buy a ton of OEM parts or will upgrading to hydraulic or cable clutch work?

thanks for all the help, I appreciate it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.