PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw this and thought it looked awsome

From classic honda, its a reegs swingarm with a g-craft frame

This might be some competition for the BBR perimeter frame :twisted: Especially for the 05 yz 125 riders who want there 50 to match there big bike. I was going to get a BBR perimeter frame but im going to get a 05 yz 125 and this setup has me thinking again :?

·
Registered
1,577 Posts

New Complete Kitaco 124SE Performance motors. Kitaco 3-Speed tranny, Kitaco new 5-disk manual clutch. Can be ordered with Titanium valves, Inner rotor or no ignition. This is the same monster motor that will be featured in the up coming Transworld Motorcross and PITRACER "ULTIMATE BIKE BUILD UP".

Dyno chart:

Dyno chart for the 124SE. 28mm carb and High Quality Inner Rotor.

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
I need to get into building custom motors then. I could build a 160cc 23 HP motor that would be more dependable for $1500 less based off the Honda Nice 110S motor. Prototyping is underway for a 190cc based Honda NICE motor that will even be more insane.

As far as the frame goes, if you like that G-craft style, I'd go with the 1 piece Cold-fusion frame that has Zero Welds. Machined on a 5 axis CNC from 1 piece of solid stock.

www.cold-fusion.com

Just my humble opinion..

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
five0addict said:
that frames not yet for sale, and arent the nice motors pretty rare? but you could definetly put a mark in the industry with motors like that. 190? hmmmm... whats next 249'cc ina fiddy!?

Frame is for sale. Contact Cold Fusion. Honda Nice 110S motors are not rare. New ones are, but Faddy Sells Honda Factory Reconditioned motors and they are not in short supply and are a tick cheaper. However, since the motor will be torn down and rebuilt for higher displacement, I don't see the need to purchase a new motor anyway when you will be replacing parts.

www.faddybike.com

As I stated before, unless you are very competitive in the racing scene, big displacement motors are more for bragging rights then anything else.

I'll stick with my 88's and 108's for project bikes. Working on a 113 Lifan for the ultimate econo build xr50 that will be done by next summer. I don't see the lifan motor holding up for very long, but it will be fun before I blow it up!

Prices on some of these motor parts is absolutely ridiculous. For $4750 you can build a 500HP+ small block Chevy or Ford!

·
Registered
8,362 Posts
[quote name='"DesignFate"']124cc's is enough i think

I agree that is why I went to a 105cc TOPS..... the amount of Torque and power that you get out of these Ultra big bores 124cc and up is just CRAZY its too much and its not fun anymore... :( I could have gone that route but all the fun would be gone. Even my 105cc is a total handfull and at times wish I just consentrated on the ultimate 88cc motor!!!! :twisted:

Late..........OLDSCHOOL

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
For street applications, there is no replacement for displacement. The Honda Nice motors (from reports by my friend in Michigan) are so smooth, you forget you are riding a mini. His box stock 110S motor goes around 70mph at under 10K rpms, and he hasn't ran his race prepped 137 yet, and probably won't until the spring time.

I can agree for dirt applications, overpowering can be an issue, but for the street or big track motard conditions, if you can build a 20+ HP motor for considerably less capital, there are other options available. Plus, on the street, acceleration is more important then top speed so you don't get run over by all the SUV's on the road! Just because you have 20+ hp at your fingertips, doesn't mean you have to use it to it's full potential, but having the added accelleration is a huge bonus. Anything smaller than a 108 on city streets get's a little hairy with normal traffic.

G

·
I got to ride my 124 yesterday. It is on the border of too much for such a small bike. It has more power than my brothers big bore XR100. WITH ANY OTHER FRAME/ SUSPENSION COMBO I DON'T THINK THE 124SE WOULD BE RIDEABLE. The first time I got on it I had a hard time. After about 5 minutes I got used to the power and figured out how to keep it under control. It is ALL in the throttle control. Anything more for dirt is TO MUCH. This is not though. Remember I am talking dirt here. I know for street when wheelbases get longer, tires grow, etc. power can increase. Some think I am completely nuts. Well I am, but when your competition at indoors is anything from XR100s to CRF150s you need more than an 88. z, if you ever come to dyno I'll have to let you ride it. I let a few friends but they don't post so people really don't have an idea what I mean.

EDIT: Oldschool, have you ever riden a 124? sooooooo much fun IMO. Maybe if I ever see you I'll let you ride it :wink: . Remember though, I will be racing against 150's. Even alone though its so fun.

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
We'll target some times in the spring for me to head out to Salina to schedule some Dyno time.

I'll drop you a note after this winter to discuss. This upcoming weekend, I'll be preparing my street bikes for winter storage..

G

·
Sounds good. Maybe we can do what we were talking about a while ago (dyno day) once we are setup as an advertiser. I get to race during the winter so I don't have to worry about storage. Thank god for flat track winter indoor races.

G

·
You could race on some dirt with us. If you had the motor and tires you could race the mad dog class with me. We would probably be the only ones sporting fiddies. Of course we would be racing against bored XR100s and TTR 125s. MX or grooved motard tires are the only way to go for minis. The biggest ones are in Ardmore and Wichita Falls, OK.

·
Registered
579 Posts
cyclerider57 said:
You could race on some dirt with us. If you had the motor and tires you could race the mad dog class with me. We would probably be the only ones sporting fiddies. Of course we would be racing against bored XR100s and TTR 125s. MX or grooved motard tires are the only way to go for minis. The biggest ones are in Ardmore and Wichita Falls, OK.

haven't been here in while.

so there is a race i could do on my ttr125 coming up in the falls?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.