PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Late night order (ha) of a BBR 88cc kit with cam on my 96 dirt build. Currently all stock besides HD clutch springs and about to cut the exhaust stinger off. This is a backyard brawler so not going to be getting whipped too hard. Wondering what size jets, needle settings, plug temps, and anything else I should be looking into. I have a two brothers M6 crf50 exhaust but tried it and it’s a bit loud so might just try and run modded stock of possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Super Moderator
9,928 Posts
If you are using the stock carb, a #60 or #62 main jet may be needed, especially if you go with a foam pod air filter. I think the 3rd or 4th slot from the top for a jet needle clip setting is the norm. An NGK CR7HSA should work fine for a plug. Keeping it quiet also keeps the neighbors from being one of "those neighbors" who complain about the noise

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right on! That’s what I was thinking in the jet but wanted to be sure. Actually, I am running an “upgraded” foam filter within the stock housing but it’s not as serious as a full on filter.

As for neighbors, it’s a give and take. I grew up ripping and I loved it but I had peeps that weren’t as excited as I was about. Now I’m old and I totally get it. I work all day and when I go outside to sit with my wife and have a drink, it’s not amazing to hear bikes hogging around. I try and keep things as chill as I can. This isn’t a race bike so there is no need to get too crazy with it. I’ll finish modding that TB m6 pipe to fit and maybe use that as a “track” pipe down the road...in the grand hopes that a track is ever in its future. Ha

·
Registered
954 Posts
. I have a two brothers M6 crf50 exhaust but tried it and it’s a bit loud so might just try and run modded stock of possible.
Does yours fit like sh!t too? I recently picked one up and the can seems to fit very loosely onto the header and it seems I have to make a bracket since it doesn't fit the OEM mounting position. Really disappointing for TBR product.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts