PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so my 50 is naked, and i plan on paintg my frame blue, what should i do to prep it? do i need to sand blast it? its a stock 50 frame so im guessing no becuase there no paint on the frame?

do i just need to clean it and then its good to paint?

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
There is paint on a stock 50 frame. The best thing to do would be to sandblast it and then have it powdercoated. But the cheaper way would be to scuff the paint up with some sandpaper then spray on some paint and clear coat

·
Registered
28 Posts
Strip it down with Naval Jelly or brake fluid then sand it. Clean it with acetone prime it and paint it. Take as much time as you can painting it or it will turn out looking like ass. Whatever you do dont get in impatient.

·
Registered
121 Posts
get it powder coated, the finish will last ALOT longer, and look ALOT better from the get go. I have just about every part for my 70 at the powder coaters right now Frame, Swingarm, front fork lowers, both engine side covers, both hubs. Both brake sides, and they are being done gloss black, with a clear powdercoat over top for 200 bucks.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Spray on some aircraft paint remover,they sell a spray can at murry,s or autozone for $6.00 the paint will just fall off.

If you did powdercoat it ,it shouldnt cost over $100 for the powdercoating and paint striping.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.