PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have CHM p4r exhaust system with a stock motor, can I make this quieter, if so how? I am guessing that if I make it quieter I will lose some power, so I was thinking about putting on a 88 kit for the motor. I only ride in the backyard with my sons. I always have to down shift to first gear to corner, will a 88 kit allow my to corner in second? I am a complete idiot when it comes to working on engines and carbs, can you recommend a kit that is easiest to install without having to go back and fine tune things?

Thanks

·
Registered
986 Posts
if you need it quiet just run the stock exhaust, you wont loose much, especially with a stock engine. i run the stock exhaust still with my 88 and its fine... first gear will pretty much be useless with an 88 kit, it pretty much is with a stock bike. i would suggest also getting a bigger sprocket in the front (atleast one tooth), its much better, lets you carry each gear further and you will still not need first. whatever kit you get, you will most likely have to fine tune the carb, sorry but thats just the way it is. i have heard great things about the TB kit though, and they are probably one of the cheapest (price) kits out there.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
HEY ICEBAT, FOR NOW TILL U GET A BIG BORE, DROP 1 TOOTH DOWN ON THE COUNTERSHAFT SPROCKET, THEN IT WILL BE EASIER TO CORNER IN SECOND ON A STOCK MOTOR, U WILL NEED A BIGGER CARB FOR THE 88 TO GET FULL POWER BECAUSE THE STOCK ONE IS RESTRICTING FOR THAT SIZE

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Get the kit that comes with the carb, because it also comes with a cam. The 88 really needs the bigger carb to really see its performance. But I ran that kit with a stock pipe for a while and it made really good power but wasnt obnoxious loud.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.