PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody do it? I'm thinking about powdercoating the middle of my marzocchi rotor, or just painting it.

If anybody has lets see some pic's please

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Dont do it, Hard anodize them. the PC will cause clearance issues with the sprocket and chain. Hard anodizing is the common finish for sprockets as it adds rigidity to the material. And tolerances are not changed if the proper etch and material build is chosen based on the type of aluminum used.

Only PC if you are working with a steal sprocket and you plan to have the teeth masked off and not coated.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
p3racer said:
um he said rotors?

AHHHHH my bad. But anyhow i wouldnt PC rotors ether. They Warp pretty easy with heat and ide be afraid of any build up around the mount points, if its pinched in one spot more then the other, you trash them when you mount them up.

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LiquidZuma said:
anodize! powdercoating the rotor will warp them seeing as how thin they are and how much current will flow throught them during powdercoating

There not aluminum so you cant anodize. Hell i'm going to spray paint one of them and see how it looks. lol i'll post up pic's once I get it done

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Yeah high heat spray paint should be fine.

(Just in case some kid in here thinks about doing the same thing... he is not painting the brake surface... Do not paint your entire rotor...lol)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.