PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have black anodized rims for my bike , but i know they are gonna look bad real fast once I start riding, cause I see everyone else's rims and they are all chipped up.

Anyone ever powder coated their rims? How does it last? I think it might crack. Would this hold up better than anodizing?

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Im not sure if the anodizing would wear quickly? But I know a lot of people do their big bike rims and they look good and last. The chipping is caused by the wheel not being propery cleaned, and than acid etched. If its done right it'll last. :twisted:

·
Registered
755 Posts
leave the anodizing, with pc your gonna have to take the spoke out and then redrill the holes after the pc is put on, the ano will last longer and might scratch but won't chip like pc..just my .02 i think one of the sano guys pc'ed there rims

·
Registered
217 Posts
NOTE: You do not have to re-drill the holes. PC will last forever and will pretty much NOT scratch. Putting on my sisters red rims i got 2 big scratches in them cuz the tire irons slipped. on mine the sslipped and it didnt even scuff

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.