PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
We used to go for lowest lap times around my friends block with his MB5 , they didnt make them very long , was like 1985 or 86 I think .... I must have done at least 500 laps around his block ... he lived on a street that went around in a circle about 1/8 mile , pegs draggin all the way around .... :)

·
Registered
787 Posts
I have set of those forks, The front axel is too narrow to work. Remember ? you seen em'

They have a 2 stoke 50cc motor. nevermind the edit on my previous post lol

·
Registered
695 Posts
G'Day,

in Europe they had different versions:

MB5 50cc street model

MT5 50cc offroad model

MB8 80cc street model

MT8 80cc offroad model

***all 2-stroke engines***

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
1967 Z50M, French Model

My CT70 Cruiser

Sold, but not forgotten, my 1970 CT70 Restomod:

Need to update this one, as more parts have been added, but here's a pic of my Honda Monkey.

Z50AK6 restomod pictures coming soon when I kick off the project.

G

·
Cool pics Z. For some reason the Honda Monkey bikes just look the coolest to me. Don't know why, maybe it's cuz they seem the most substantial for such a little bike. They look like they would hold up pretty well.

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
They hold up great, and can be set up to be the ultimate motard racer. Remember, for every XR50 hop up part, there are 100 Honda Monkey Hop Up parts. Without the Honda Monkey engine parts, Kitaco and Takegawa wouldn't exist... The Kitaco and Takegawa engine parts were engineered for the Honda Monkey, and just so happen to work on the XR50 motors, and weren't specifically developed for offroad use like most are lead to believe.

Look for yourself:

http://www.g-t.co.jp/mini/monkey/index.htm

It's a fun playground to play in. I've got tags on my bikes, so I have no worries with the cops...

·
Registered
787 Posts
z88R, Is this bike of yours here the same as a z50, but with bigger wheels, and several other mods. I'm asking because I have never seen a bike like that for sale. I seen lot's of z's though.

Thanks, Rick :)

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
Bike started out as a JDM 2003 Honda Monkey as shown below. Every year in Japan, they release two standard models with solid color paint, and one limited edition model. Mine is the 2003 Limited edition with the CB750K0 paint scheme. Notice the Z50 wheels, swingarm, exhaust, etc. that you will recognize from the vintage US models. However, these bikes come with a 50cc 4 speed with polished cases from the factory. I don't understand why Honda doesn't release the 50cc 4 speed over here.

motorhead's Monkey above has the 2002 limited edition tank on his before he parted it out.

Hope this clears up some questions for you.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Yeah it does. I always wondered if those bikes were made that way, or if they started out as z50's like we have here then built up to look like that. Thanks, z88R

·
Administrator
10,657 Posts
What is it ?

According to the Honda Motorcycle Identification Guide, the bike is a 1982 MB5, it was only manufactured for one year.

Color: Helios Red/Black

Oil Injection Lubrication System

49cc 2-stroke reed valve single; 5-speed; Manual Clutch

That's all the information the Identification Guide gives

·
Registered
695 Posts
G'Day,

this is actually a Jincheng Easyrider (Monkey Z50 replica) thats manufactured in Nanjing / China and came as PRC domestic model with 50cc.

have done a few modifications:

-125cc Zongshen Engine with ported head (4 speed / manual clutch)

-Stainless Steel Inlet Manifold fabricated to match exactly the inlet size of

the head to get maximum performance

-24mm (real 24mm) Carb with K&N Airfilter

-Black Chrome Engine Sidecovers

-Valve Cooling Covers (Alloy, machined)

-Handbuild Stainless Steel Exhaust (header/muffler) and the exhaust is

fully adjustable for tuning (backpressure/noise)

-Shockmounts (rear swingarm) relocated (moved back by 2") to use

320mm rear shocks.

-Rearshocks (adjustable) 320mm with reservoir.

-Hydraulic Front Fork and Disc Brake.

-Trelock FC700 Bicycle Speedo

-Classis Honda Shift Lever

-Fastway Performance Footpegs

-Daytona Seat

-Kellermann Micro Indicators

-Stainless steel hardware (axle, screws, nuts, bolts)

More upgrades to follow within the next couple of month like billet brake lever, Daytona Quick Throttle, Steering Damper, 10" wheels with 130/70-10 (rear) and 120/70-10 (front) and an Alloy swingarm. Yes, will be getting an engine upgrade as well, thinking about 160-180cc in the future. Somewhere in the back of my head somebody is saying...get a Turbo...

Very often my son joins me for a ride in the sidecar (entirely fabricated out of stainless steel) with shock absorber / swingarm on the sidecar frame. The sidecar is removed / attached within 15 minutes and everything fully adjustable (vertical lean / toe-in). Shock used on the sidecar swingarm came of a Cannondale mountain bike.

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
Please give a list of all the parts you hand-fabricated yourself so people will have a better appreciation for the work... I know, but please share with the group..

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.