PlanetMinis Forums banner
201 - 220 of 244 Posts

· Registered
3,896 Posts
Hahaha! Yeah! I know Oz really well. I talked to him a couple months ago, and he was pretty much out of it, other than what he has sitting around.

I was getting some stuff from Derbi USA/Spi-Parts in Cali. Problem is that as far as I know-- MK is in bankruptcy, and not making parts at the present. I hear they may be back going again at the beginning of 2011... we'll have to see.

Nice bikes! Did I just see that red one for sale on Ebay just recently? The one with the CR motor in it? If you look at the first page of this thread, there are some pics of my Metrakit. I have the longer tail on mine, a Gary Emig tree, and a Penske shock. I have since sold the NSF that was in those old pics, and bought another one for $200 less than what I sold the other one for. I got it because I can't get any parts for my Metrakit.

I could use a tank (not the fiberglass cover-- the plastic one under the cover). You don't happen to have that do you? --L*64

· Registered
539 Posts
yup...the red one on ebay...i just won it last week....$560 steal ghuh? its being shipped as we speak...5 boxes...of which i got 2 the otrhers get delivered tomorrow and wednesday...i got to put it back together....I do have a tank...

· Registered
539 Posts
need any other parts ? here is what ive got

NEW:

- Upper Fairing - unmounted, undrilled, primer gray

- Lower Fairing - unmounted, undrilled, primer gray

- 2 Complete GP 70 Pistons (Piston, Ring, Wrist Pin) Part # 824D1630 - 47.60

- 2 Pro Series Rings GP 70

- Water Pump Impeller, Nut & Gasket

- Top End Gasket Set

- Shift Lever

- Brake Lever

- Lateral Connection Pins to mount upper fairing to frame

USED:

- 2 Fiberglass Tanks - primer black

- Set of Clip-ons

- Front Sprockets 14, 15 & 16

email [email protected]

· Registered
3,896 Posts
WHAT!!!!!!! $560!!!!! I saw it, but I never looked at it again! That Works Shock had to be around $400! Crazy!

I have a stock tail and subframe-- but I don't want that 2004 style fiberglass tank at all. I have the same (newer) setup as you do. My tank is fine, but one of the bolts that you use to put the O-rings onto, is stuck in the threaded part of the tank. When I try to get it out-- the threaded part just spins.... I was going to try an air tool. If I can get it out-- I was going to try and use some kind of Epoxy to secure it in place. Or...have somebody fab me up a metal tank.

I have a never used Penske shock sitting here ($900) that I'd like to sell, along with the stock tail. I have quite a few spares too, but if they dn't make parts anymore-- my bike'll be a showpiece-- haha!

· Registered
3,896 Posts
Yeah! That's why I grabbed up the NSF. Parts aren't easy to get for that either, but XR/CRF100 motors are everywhere compared to the Derbi motor in the MK. I think I can get the NSF parts from Service Honda. They seem to be able to get stuff that nobody else can, or an HRC dealer even.

The problem is that the bolt won't come out in the first place... it's just spinning. If I could get it out-- then I'd epoxy it.... --L*64

· Registered
711 Posts
Tony.. I can get you anything you need for that NSF.. don't worry about it! Damn.. just race the bike for crying out loud! Stop bitching about not being able to get parts, and that it isn't race ready... it is! Dump gas in it and go! Bring it out this Saturday.. I want to ride it!

· Registered
3,896 Posts
Which bike are you doing it with? I know the one has Race Tech clamps on it.

What I'd do-- is get ahold of Hammer 213 on here, and see if he can make ya a flat top clamp. Then I'd look into adapting risers that come on an aftermarhet KLX110 or CRF50 clamp. I think BRP has some bolt on risers for a 110 or KX65. Get the risers first-- then send your top clamp to Hammer with the risers, so he can mill something out that will work for ya.

Brian-- I was planning on racing the MK, but I was gonna bring the NSF to see how the gearing will work out, and where I'll need to go with it. You can ride it if you're careful. Where do you get your NSR parts anyway? I'm going to be getting some parts from J-- I imagine before too long. I'm definitely planning on racing the NSF once I get it done. You guyz are killing me! Don't forget that I have 10 basically custom bikes that need everything. When OYL was the only thing I did-- it wasn't a problem getting my bikes set up right away. But I have a 125, a whole gang of pit bikes-- alotta stuff!-- and only one income. haha!

201 - 220 of 244 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.