PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about picking up a '68 CT90 K0, not running but with title. It was used as a hunting vehicle and hence has been painted camo (which I don't mind) and has had the signals and taillight removed. It currently doesn't run, but just needs some tinkering. The price is right, but I'm thinking since its not original anyway, that I may as well do a resto-mod type of build with a 140 gpx or something along those lines. I would want to register it for the street (pretty easy in TX with a title and bill of sale, not too mention it considered an 'antique'). Does anybody with knowledge of this model know if this would work or not? The dual range trans is all there and works, but a 140 would be way more streetable in my opinion. Let me know what your opinions are.

Thanks

Ryan

Attachments

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Besides converting it to 12V, why else is it not a good bike? I'm sure I have the capability of getting the stock engine running, and the bike comes with a bunch of spares. Was the K0 the only model that didn't have conventional telescoping forks? Thanks for the input.

Oh, and I wouldn't bother with the paint probably, just leave it camo. It will see some time on my father-in-law's deer lease anyhow. My uses would be a trail bike, but possibly some trail to trail street riding/grocery getting. What would you consider cheap?

·
Registered
331 Posts
i think their a great bike in stock form but no easy power upgrades other than swapping in the ct110 engine.honda went with the bottom link type suspension in 64.yours 68because of the 8 speed tranny. with the gpx 140, you would have to add spacers and such(see dratv.com) and some wire swapping. older ct90s on the westcoast are pretty common and 50 bucks for a beater at a junkyard or swapmeet is not unusual.maybe their alot rarer in your area.just hate to see you drop several hundred into it when it still wouldnt be worth alot when your done.they go fast enough for general cruisin in stock form and close to 55 mph if u find a 110 engine. fast enough for the suspension and handling safety wise. oh and 1969 honda went with the telescopic forks. a trail 50 or 70 would be a better mod with that gpx as their slow in stock form and have small wheel fun. ride safe

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well it recently ran, but appears to just need a good tune up (set the valves, new plug, clean/rebuild carb). I'm pretty sure you can put the 110 top end on the ct90 judging by the parts that DrAtv carries for them. It actually has a California title, but the seller is asking a few more bills than that with a heap of spare parts. I have confidence in my ability to tear down and diagnose/rebuild the engine if necessary. It would need at least new tires as well. Thanks for your input

Ryan

·
Registered
865 Posts
I have one and love it.

The KO did not come with turn signals. And other models did have that style front end, including the passports.

I put a bigger carb and fixed the coil and she'll run over 50mph with no problem.

minibikedike is right. The 140 swap would require offset brackets and other hardware to make it fit.

DRATV has a 54mm bore kit ready to go to get you going faster than you should on a K0 ;).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.