PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I know its been awhile since I have been trolling the forums all day like I used to :) I'm back supporting PM, basically because I missed it, and have a bit more time now that my daughter is 2. We have still been selling stuff while we were off the forums but I wanted to come back to make a little presence again. Also, I completely wiped out my old online store design as it was just experiencing one problem after another and have begun the long, tedious process of putting products back onto a new layout. You can check that out by clicking here.

So I'm doing our head Porting/Polishing work on any minibike head for $95, free return shipping via 2-3 day priority mail, and a free AHP logo shirt in the size of your choice. I have S-XL in stock. If your new you can probably dig up some old porting threads but I am sure some "old timers" can give a testimonial of my work. Its a 3 step hand porting (obviously) process that I do completely in house. Turn around time is usually 2-3 days depending on how busy I am.

Lets just get this out of the way:

FAQ

Where will this move my power, what will I gain?
Expect to feel a noticeable gain throughout the RPM range, even if this is the only modification you do. Most all head castings on mini's have a good amount of restrictive casting flaws. To document a gain you would have to dyno tune your bike before and after, with a correct tune. I used to offer this service but I sold off my Dyno 2 years ago because it was not generating enough local business and it was taking up an entire bay of my garage. Yes, it was cool though :)

How much does it cost?
The price for PM members is $95 including return shipping and you get a free shirt. You have to pay to ship me your head. USPS priority mail in a medium flat rate box is the best deal.

Do you have a flow bench?
No, however if you know me from my previous PM days you will know that I was taught by the great Eyvind Boyesen, and yes they had a few flow benches and yes we USED to flow mini heads on it. After I got the knack for each kind of head we were doing, I stopped using the flow bench and just kept doing what I was doing over and over.

What heads have you done?
All of them, seriously. Honda's from 50's to 150's, KLX and DRZ, Kitaco SE and roller heads, Takegawa heads, Daytona, Jialing, YX, Pitster, Xtreme, all TB heads. I dont think there is a minibike head I have not worked on already, I have experience since 2004 with all of them.

Do you want to get into a fight about who's better at porting heads and why it matters?
No, I used to do that when I was 24, but now I dont have time to come on forums and fight. I am simply offering my services to do good work for the pitbike community. If you have a genuine problem then please email me - [email protected] or call me (610-417-2533) and leave a voice mail so I can return your call if I cant get to my phone.

I have a question about an AHP 4 speed transmission or something else.
Just email me. I had a batch about 2 months ago where some transmissions were packaged with the incorrect length main shaft. I have plenty correct ones here so if there is anyone still dealing with this problem please just email me and I will send out a new one. Trail Bikes currently has our transmission kits in stock from a new order that wont have this problem :)

If you want to read some real customer testimonials, who used to all / still are PM members then check out my site:

Porting & Polishing service

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hi Mark,

I've bought some Z50 stuff from you in the past. I'm in Ontario, Canada, postal code L0R1C0. How much to ship the head back to me?
Thanks,
Greg

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Mark,

I've bought some Z50 stuff from you in the past. I'm in Ontario, Canada, postal code L0R1C0. How much to ship the head back to me?
Thanks,
Greg
Hi Greg,
Thanks, I can send it UPS standard for probably $10-15 extra cost. I will just put a low value on it so you dont get screwed by customs.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hi Greg,
Thanks, I can send it UPS standard for probably $10-15 extra cost. I will just put a low value on it so you dont get screwed by customs.

The brokerage fees on a UPS Standard shipment are half as much as the porting job. USPS is better. What would the difference be via USPS?

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hmm, even with a low value invoice?

USPS priority mail flat rate box difference would be about $20.

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Glad to see you back mark! Guy does tremendous work and im sure can still rip on his 50!

Any chance you could do a Honda Ruckus head? :33:

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
95 bucks is a great deal for head porting. I paid 150 plus shipping both ways to get mine done. I'm happy I had mine done, just would have been nice to save a few bucks.

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Glad to see you back mark! Guy does tremendous work and im sure can still rip on his 50!

Any chance you could do a Honda Ruckus head? :33:
I still have my first Fast50s build from 04' that I rip, I put it back down to an 88 race head semi-auto, its still a blast :) Yes I can do the Ruckus, send it in.

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
95 bucks is a great deal for head porting. I paid 150 plus shipping both ways to get mine done. I'm happy I had mine done, just would have been nice to save a few bucks.
I used to charge $150 a few years ago but I think getting it right below $100 really helps people pull the trigger financially where as they wouldn't at $150.

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
I still have my first Fast50s build from 04' that I rip, I put it back down to an 88 race head semi-auto, its still a blast :) Yes I can do the Ruckus, send it in.
haha every HP counts on that thing! I may send the head in to you when I get home from a business trip that I leave for tomorrow, Heading down to the lovely city of Phili for two weeks. Is that the same 50 you ripped in MOM 07' series? thing was a beauty.

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
haha every HP counts on that thing! I may send the head in to you when I get home from a business trip that I leave for tomorrow, Heading down to the lovely city of Phili for two weeks. Is that the same 50 you ripped in MOM 07' series? thing was a beauty.
Probably not, I think I had the Sano frame/swinger + Marz front end in like 06-07. You mean the one that was pink for awhile?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts