PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Polini X1 (03?) sitting in my garage that my little brother used to ride as a backup bike when he raced the 4-6 class. It has a 10'' wheelbase, and stock two-stroke racing motor in it. I'm curious as to whether anyone knows anything about a possible motor switch that I could do with it.

It basically has been beaten close to death by friends and I riding it around on my practice track for the big bikes, and about a year ago my little sister's friend had a near death experience by unknowingly holding the throttle wide open and hitting about a 60 foot double in my backyard and landing about ten feet short, and twenty feet right of the landing. From the impact, the bike has a giant dent in the pipe, both rims bent and tires flat, bars torqued, plastics cracked and scratched like no other, and God knows what else happened to it.

So my question is: Does anyone know of any four-stroke mini motor that would fit in the frame, stiff shocks, big bars, tall seat, or 10" rims that would fit on this thing to turn it into a real, race ready, big kid mini?

Hopefully there are some Polini experts on this board who could give me a basic run down of yes and no's to this question.

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
mxracr20 said:
I have a Polini X1 (03?) sitting in my garage that my little brother used to ride as a backup bike when he raced the 4-6 class. It has a 10'' wheelbase, and stock two-stroke racing motor in it. I'm curious as to whether anyone knows anything about a possible motor switch that I could do with it.

It basically has been beaten close to death by friends and I riding it around on my practice track for the big bikes, and about a year ago my little sister's friend had a near death experience by unknowingly holding the throttle wide open and hitting about a 60 foot double in my backyard and landing about ten feet short, and twenty feet right of the landing. From the impact, the bike has a giant dent in the pipe, both rims bent and tires flat, bars torqued, plastics cracked and scratched like no other, and God knows what else happened to it.

So my question is: Does anyone know of any four-stroke mini motor that would fit in the frame, stiff shocks, big bars, tall seat, or 10" rims that would fit on this thing to turn it into a real, race ready, big kid mini?

Hopefully there are some Polini experts on this board who could give me a basic run down of yes and no's to this question.

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

clean it up , fix the dent in the pipe , sell and buy a real pit bike .

tring to put a fifty style motor in it will ruin the bike and waste your time and money.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
I have seen, tinkered with and sold more Polini's than probably most you'd meet, and I have to agree with Dave. Just clean it up, sell it, and buy a 4 stroke mini. It'd cost too much to make the X1 work well for an adult.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmmm. I'd love to do that as long as it's okay with my dad. For some odd reason though, he likes to give away bikes, rather than sell them. I sure wish someone would do that for me! haha

·
Registered
266 Posts
Get the Polini Pitbike, they look sweet and I am sure are prett good. I used to owns some polini pocket bikes and they rocked hard

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They do look nice but I think I'll invest in something cheaper, and easier to find mod parts for.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alright well selling it isout of the picture, anyone got any ideas as to what forks, shock, rims, etc would fit it to make it so I atleast don't crush it when I land?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah I'm not quite an adult yet, and I already ride the heck out of it as it is, so I figured like maybe hard shocks, big bars, a clutch kit, and a 60cc kit. But aybe if thats not an option, I'll just set up a different bike, like one of my 85's and race it for another year or two.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
mxracr20 said:
Yeah I'm not quite an adult yet, and I already ride the heck out of it as it is, so I figured like maybe hard shocks, big bars, a clutch kit, and a 60cc kit. But aybe if thats not an option, I'll just set up a different bike, like one of my 85's and race it for another year or two.

The clutch won't like your weight. Those clutches are finicky with a 50lb rider on there... put someone 80lb and up on there and you'll just smoke it.

The bike will NOT handle an adult rider, it would not make a good pitbike.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts