PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i bought some parts of DoopSX (ricky) on here, i bought a 2 broks fork extender kit, and some GYTR fork springs, i am having the biggest pain in the ass time doing this, is theer any tutorials on how to install an extended fork leg kit and HD fork springs? i have both forks with the pin knocked back into them all the new bushings on, i just cant seem to figure out how to get the inserts out of the old fork springs, it says put in a vise and knock with a punch and hammer, well i have tried that and absolutley NO LUCK!! it doesnt seem to work at all? how do i get thse blasted fork spring inserts out? :( any help and pics i would greatly appreciate plz! its on a TTR50 2006, i am sure a CRF50 forks are pretty much the same, plz if any of you could help me i would greatly appreciate it! thx have a great day.....alex

·
Registered
7,611 Posts
did the box come with instructions? I never did this either on the TTR...just the CRF and it was pretty straight forward

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
doopsx3 said:
did the box come with instructions? I never did this either on the TTR...just the CRF and it was pretty straight forward

yea it came with instruction but when you get to the fork springs and the insert pieces it doesnt say anything, it just says tap the spring ends to un thread it.and it doesnt work it just spins, so i am highly confused on what to do. I am gonna mess with it more tomorrow and see if i can eventually figure it out, cause i am super excited about these forks and want to egt this done, and i am so afraid if i mess something up. if anyone has any info or can find any instructions online plz let me know! i am looking and cant find anything.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
YZ250F4ever said:
yea it came with instruction but when you get to the fork springs and the insert pieces it doesnt say anything, it just says tap the spring ends to un thread it.and it doesnt work it just spins, so i am highly confused on what to do. I am gonna mess with it more tomorrow and see if i can eventually figure it out, cause i am super excited about these forks and want to egt this done, and i am so afraid if i mess something up. if anyone has any info or can find any instructions online plz let me know! i am looking and cant find anything.

anyone have any ideas or instructions this morning on how to help me out with these fork springs? lol thx in advance to whom ever helps :D

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
YZ250F4ever said:
anyone have any ideas or instructions this morning on how to help me out with these fork springs? lol thx in advance to whom ever helps :D

bump:D

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
doopsx3 said:
post a pic of what you are having problems with

KK 1 sec :D

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

ok thats the scene of how my bike is, here is the part i am having troubles with:

the black stuff is just grease, but my question is how to i take the inserts (silver peices at the ends of the spring) off the spring, the direction dont tell me anything about how to do it, the directions act like you already have new springs and inserts to just pop in, so idk? any help? plz:D

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
redirt78 said:
wish i could throw you a life preserver... don't drown buddy, you can DUET haha good luck

that must be an inside joke haha, cause i dont understand?:confused:

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Not really, just don't let it get you too pissed off where you end up tearing something up. I'm sure someone can help

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
redirt78 said:
Not really, just don't let it get you too pissed off where you end up tearing something up. I'm sure someone can help

sry now i re read it, haha my bad. i am not to frustrated just i guess dont understand why the directions dont say how to take the springs off the inserts, but i am fine :D just wanna get my bike back up and going ya know.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
On my xr50 I had to put the inserts in a vice and twist the spring off it completly ruins the old spring but I was not going to use it any way because I had new one like you they will go on the new ones farly simple it is a pain in the a** to get them off thought and be sure when you put the new ones in that you get the snap ring on all the way and cover the spring in grease good luck

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
MG577 said:
On my xr50 I had to put the inserts in a vice and twist the spring off it completly ruins the old spring but I was not going to use it any way because I had new one like you they will go on the new ones farly simple it is a pain in the a** to get them off thought and be sure when you put the new ones in that you get the snap ring on all the way and cover the spring in grease good luck

ahhhhh so there threaded on, ok. and damn! i dont have a vice i guess i will have to take it to a sho and say heer you go, i didnt want to have to do that but a vice is a big tool and now i understand why you need it, thx very much MG! :D i guess i wll go see how much its gonna cost for a shop to pull the old springs off and pop the new ones on.

·
Registered
95 Posts
When I did mine they were also a pain in the a$$. I had a buddy help me and we twisted the hell out of them to get them off, they unscrew. Have fun my arms were so dead after doing this, I also have the two brother fork legs and they are way better than the stock ones.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
You could use vise grips and just crank on it but a vise makes it easyer good luck and do you have delron bushings to put on the forks because on the xr you get a lot of slop after you put the springs in and one more thing I rcomend is to put a 12 inch front wheel on the front it helps the bike handle so much better

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
MG577 said:
You could use vise grips and just crank on it but a vise makes it easyer good luck and do you have delron bushings to put on the forks because on the xr you get a lot of slop after you put the springs in and one more thing I rcomend is to put a 12 inch front wheel on the front it helps the bike handle so much better

yea i have all kinds of pliers and vise grips just dont have a actual vise, and yea doop on here was telling me the delron inserts/bushings are much better! the box came with 2 black really meaty looking bushings it says there HD bushings on the back of the 2 bros box, do you think i have them? and what do you mean by slop? I also read that i could now put a 12in wheel on the front like you said so that will come in time, my parts to get in the future are:

tall seat 2 bros

excel rims

2 bros foot pegs with mounting bracket

a new longer shifter

and then possibly get a shock with dampening controls. :D

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
That's cool one part at a time sounds like you got the right list of parts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
MG577 said:
That's cool one part at a time sounds like you got the right list of parts

thx yea, i know it seems like a waste to be doing this on a 50 but i can always trade and or sell and get a 110 later. :D

1 - 20 of 42 Posts