PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Please look at these pics i have provided below, i tried selling this bike complete today for only 350 and someone came here just to tell me about how this is not a stock 2005 honda crf50 frame and that the frame i have may be worth good money. Can anyone else help me Figure out what this bike is? we painted the side caps of motor to make it look nice but had no idea it may be worth anything. i don't have a picture of the side panel before paint but it says " Honda With A BIG LETTER "Z" " Does this mean that this engine is a Z-50 Motor on an aftermarket frame??? Can Anyone help me here.

Floor Machine Auto part Flooring Vehicle
Electronics
Stag beetles Insect Darkling beetles
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Vehicle Motorcycle Car Spoke Rim

Photo 1. 4. And 5 people have told me the gap from gas tank is to big. and also on right side by motor mounts theirs a bracket on right side...
Photo 3 is Honda Z 50 before it was painted again...

Is this a Turd Or Something Worth Parting Out...? Any Advice Will Help... I personally Don't know Much about these things... Thank you Guys

Also i forgot to mention the vin on the forks comes back as a 2005 honda crf 50 but all the 50's ive looked at are smaller... center piece is def. not stock... does anyone know what the name of that frame is????

·
Administrator
10,724 Posts
The VIN is on the steering stem neck, not the forks. The frame is not a Honda XR/CRF50 frame, just by the rear master cylinder bracket, and the subframe looped together.

The engine is a 12V CDI-type engine, post up the Engine serial number and we can tell you what exactly it is. It could be from an '88-'99 Z50R, an '00-'03 XR50, or an '04-up CRF50.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well everyone says the frame isnt stock, the forks & back tire bars might be but the center frame has a huge gap between gas tank & handlebars & also above the rightside foot pedal theres a bracket... not being used...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Picture 1 Shows Bracket On Right side of frame... This cant be stock anyone have any idea???

2 and 4 show bike height...

3 and 5 show the gap from tank to front... bigger than usual.

Could it be a 70cc frame??? with 50 front back and engine? so confused

Attachments

·
Administrator
10,724 Posts
Your first four pics above aren't working, and, like I told you yesterday, that is the rear brake master cylinder bracket, the stock Honda frame has no need for that.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well you didnt say that yesterday all i see is that you said weird lol... and if its a master cylinder bracket why is it that people come here to buy it and instantly say thats not a crf50 frame people say "i have a 2005 50 at home... and it doesnt have that bracket." so why does mine and theres doesnt if its the same year and make.

·
Administrator
10,724 Posts
Try rereading post #4 above, that's my reply to you.

The stock Honda does not utilize a hydraulic brake system, front or back. The stock Honda frame does not have a looped subframe joined together where the rear fender sits, both ends are open. The engine serial number indicates a 2004-'05 Honda engine, that isn't the same as the frame serial number, which is usually on the steering stem neck (also in post #4 above). Simply put, it is NOT an OEM Honda frame. What it IS is an educated guess, at best. It could be any number of aftermarket or Chinese made frames that utilize certain Honda 50 parts, like the swingarm, the front forks, the tank, the seat, etc. etc. etc. Chances are, it isn't the high-ticket big dollar item you may think it is.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.