PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My front end is real sloppy because the plastic fork guides have worn out. I already had the new ones for awhile now so since its real nasty outside I decided to take my 50 apart and clean it real good and put the new fork guides in to get ready for some snow riding. 8) I took the fork legs out of the tubes and when I went to get the fork guides off I was kinda clueless. How do they come off? I noticed that they are split in half down the side but is that how you get them on and off? I didnt want to try and possibly break them. Is that the way they come off or is there a different way? Im clueless? Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
you have to take the spring part on the top of your fork legs off. There is a small pin sitting through the top of the fork leg holding the base of the spring in. Just get a punch or something of appropriate size and tap it out. once that is off you can just slide your bushings off and put the new ones on. put the spring base part back in and tap the pin back through and you should be right.

be careful that you use the right size punch to tap it out because you can burr the end of the pin making it really hard to get back through the hole.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.