PlanetMinis Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kick starter went out AGAIN for the 5th time. This damn engine as only worked right for 100 miles. Despite the tender loving care of being Matified 3 times.

I'm done with this model engine and distributer. Just about every damn thing I bought from them either broke outright or did not work as advertised.

So screw em! They can find another sucker.

It was an expensive lesson, but one learned deep down in my soul.

Anybody want to sell me a Lifan 150 cheap?

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
This engine broke again from all YOUR self imposed damage!!

You had Fatcat redo it again and YOU still broke it!! quit trying to blame your shortcommings on Pitster, besides this engine was not a stock 155z.

After Fatcat did the engine this time,, I am vindicated, I know his work is good and since you broke it again, it goes to show the common denominator is YOU!

Funny how I have a 236cc z based engine that I hammer week in and week out, there are plenty of my engines on this forum that those people can keep running without issue, so once again, the problem is YOU.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Funny how you shipped that engine back full of metal shavings huh?

Don't think Fattcatt had anything to with it. Think the Z155 you sold me was a total lemon from the beginning.

Funny how you shipped me the engine back 3 times and all three times it had problems. Seem to me the only common denominator is you and Pitster . Your 236 runs great because you care about your motor, but not about the customer's.

Funny how I seem to manage rebuilding my Lifan's just fine.

Funny how this kick starter won't hold up even following proper kick starting procedure and using the ****ty plug decompressor you sell.

Funny how a lot of these z155's seem to have the same problem.

Funny how you don't stand behind your upgrade work. Even if the motor "could" never run after leaving The MATIFIED shop.

Yeh

It's really f-ing funny Matt.

·
Registered
451 Posts
chuckklr04 said:
Kick starter went out AGAIN for the 5th time. This damn engine as only worked right for 100 miles. Despite the tender loving care of being Matified 3 times.

I'm done with this model engine and distributer. Just about every damn thing I bought from them either broke outright or did not work as advertised.

So screw em! They can find another sucker.

It was an expensive lesson, but one learned deep down in my soul.

Anybody want to sell me a Lifan 150 cheap?
do you have a decomp on this motor I wont run any of the kawi head motors without one I have bent several kickstarters even with a decomp

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
chuckklr04 said:
Funny how you shipped that engine back full of metal shavings huh?

Don't think Fattcatt had anything to with it. Think the Z155 you sold me was a total lemon from the beginning.

Funny how you shipped me the engine back 3 times and all three times it had problems. Seem to me the only common denominator is you and Pitster . Your 236 runs great because you care about your motor, but not about the customer's.

Funny how I seem to manage rebuilding my Lifan's just fine.

Funny how this kick starter won't hold up even following proper kick starting procedure and using the ****ty plug decompressor you sell.

Funny how a lot of these z155's seem to have the same problem.

Funny how you don't stand behind your upgrade work. Even if the motor "could" never run after leaving The MATIFIED shop.

Yeh

It's really f-ing funny Matt.

You seem to forget that you got a second complete new engine!! and you added the metal shavings yourself in a poor attempt to get free stuff.

Again YOU screwed the engines each time, you burnt up one because you were too stupid to figure out how the decomp worked.

You want to find the problem,, look in the mirror.

You also stated you had killed many other engines before ever getting this one.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
skipbuysparts said:
do you have a decomp on this motor I wont run any of the kawi head motors without one I have bent several kickstarters even with a decomp

Yes the crappy spark plug gizmo that Pitster sells that falls apart in your hands and will not automatically pop out like it's suppose too.

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
skipbuysparts said:
Yes he has one, it was even installed on the engine and he thought he could twist it up against the head and try to wedge it , he did not check for leaks and took off on a ride , it was leaking so bad that is torched the V2 head, and he cried so bad to the boss that he got everything replaced free with overnight shipping.

He even thought the button was supposed to stay in, and call complaining that the button kept popping out when it would start.

He then tried to make it stay in.

I have enough faith in fatcats ability too build an engine, look at every part and decide if there is a problem , That if there were an issue and or flaw with this engine, he would have caught it.

Fatcat did not find anything and built you a good engine plain and simple , Chuck the problem is you.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Matified said:
Yes he has one, it was even installed on the engine and he thought he could twist it up against the head and try to wedge it , he did not check for leaks and took off on a ride , it was leaking so bad that is torched the V2 head, and he cried so bad to the boss that he got everything replaced free with overnight shipping.

He even thought the buttoin was supposed to stay in, and call complaining that the button kept popping out when it would start.

He then tried to make it stay in.

Well, it did come with no directions on installing it or use.

How in the hell do you expect the customer to operate/install it with no directions?

Pitster now includes directions with the part. Ya'll can thank me for pointing that out to Gary.

Just another way for Matt to twist stuff to cover his Matifications.

I too trust Fattcat's work and don't feel that's the problem.

The problem lies in a piss poor design,possible casing machined off, or off bearings roughed up by the metal shavings you left in there

·
Registered
124 Posts
Why didn't you mention who put your motor together last time? Wasn't it fatcat? Matt has helped me build several motors and they rip. He built me a 171 stroker Daytona for my BBR that everyone said wouldn't run and last, after over 10 hours it's still perfect. He just built me a 180 Pitster Ho with FRD head porting on my v2, s25 cam, and pwk28 and I love it.

Kick starter went out 5 times? Dude you need to learn how to start a bike. I've never broke a kicker, not being rude but it has been built or fixed by two different people and you still have problems. Clearly not either builders fault.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Garn#627 said:
Why didn't you mention who put your motor together last time? Wasn't it fatcat? Matt has helped me build several motors and they rip. He built me a 171 stroker Daytona for my BBR that everyone said wouldn't run and last, after over 10 hours it's still perfect. He just built me a 180 Pitster Ho with FRD head porting on my v2, s25 cam, and pwk28 and I love it.

Kick starter went out 5 times? Is it a high compression engine? If so buy a FRD decomp. If not a high compression engine then you need to learn how to start a bike. I've never broke a kicker, even on my high comp engines. Not being rude but it has been built or fixed by two different people and you still have problems, clearly not the either builders fault.

Fattcatt was the last one to try and fix the Mattifications. After all if someone can't fix it after 3 tries you send it to a different shop right?

This engine was suppose be to a lower compression 184, and has the spark plug decompresser gizmo. That's what I specfied. Matt told me he put in a low compression piston. Fattcatt saw no such thing.

I also specified it be ran before leaving the shop, but the motor was sent off time. Matt swore he ran it. LOL!

Always followed proper starting procedures.

Not to be rude but yes, something is wrong with this engine. It's been a pain in the ass since the beginning. Either the case was machined off causing parts to be out of alignment or all the metal shavings Matt left in last time scored the bearings.

Regardless, I'm out a buttload of money,patience and time dealing with it.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I agree with garn. not trying to be mean. I have bent kickstarters and not broke any gears. I use the remote oil filter on my bike and find lots of things in there every time I change the oil. just means the filter is doing its job. the lifan and yx both use simalar starter gears just diferent tooth count

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.