PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where do you get them....tried the local dirtbike shop and they cant seem to get past the what Make, Model and year idea and claim that they dont carry "Junk" for knock offs and so forth.....Pitster has left me high and dry as well... I tried sudco but am having a hard time referencing the right parts...



I need mains and pilots.......





Any help i would most appreciate....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,144 Posts
kriskyk said:
Where do you get them....tried the local dirtbike shop and they cant seem to get past the what Make, Model and year idea and claim that they dont carry "Junk" for knock offs and so forth.....Pitster has left me high and dry as well... I tried sudco but am having a hard time referencing the right parts...



I need mains and pilots.......





Any help i would most appreciate....




carb parts warehouse, i think their web site is cpw.com



isn't the carb a mikuni? should be able to find jets at any carb/bike shop
 

·
Vendor
Joined
·
3,643 Posts
dougtrip said:
carb parts warehouse, i think their web site is cpw.com



isn't the carb a mikuni? should be able to find jets at any carb/bike shop
Yes you can.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,654 Posts
Here is what you do, take the main and pilot out of the carb. Take those to a shop that sells Mikuni jets and then match them. When the parts guys ask you what it is for, tell them you are working on a custom mini. If it is a Honda shop or Kawi shop then they will be used to minis. If not then just tell them it is a custom project bike with a MIKUNI carb and you need jets.

Where did you buy the carb?? and HOW did Pitster leave you high and dry?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,688 Posts
trailpimp33 said:
Here is what you do, take the main and pilot out of the carb. Take those to a shop that sells Mikuni jets and then match them. When the parts guys ask you what it is for, tell them you are working on a custom mini. If it is a Honda shop or Kawi shop then they will be used to minis. If not then just tell them it is a custom project bike with a MIKUNI carb and you need jets.

Where did you buy the carb?? and HOW did Pitster leave you high and dry?




I'm assuming the carb came on his X4R. Anybody know a good place to get jets for the 22mm carbs that comes... or used to come... on the gpx motors? I believe its a mikuni 22VM. Is there a place to get them online?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i was informed by gary that i he could not provide the jets i needed and to source them through a dealer.... also pitster online store provides jets for everyother carb except the 25mm mikuni carb....or aleast from what i could find on their site.... I will be riding this bike in various altitudes and currently the engine is stumbling from closed-1/4 throttle then quickly revs up..... Needle clip is a the furthest bottom position and the air screw all the way inn....am i reading this situation wrong????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,308 Posts
What's your elevation? Is your engine bone stock? What's the highest elevation you'll be riding at and what's the lowest? I know people right now that are riding pitsters at 10ft. below sea level in Palm Desert, Ca. and here in Utah at 4000ft. with the same jetting, maybe with just an air screw adjustment and a needle clip adjustment. It sounds like you have your bike flooded out since you are running the air screw and needle in the richest position. Try putting your needle clip back in the middle position and adjusting your airscrew from 1/2 to 3 turns out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,362 Posts
Heres What To Do.......

First take the carb off and Pull the Bowl. Take the Main Jet and the pilot Jet Out. then Head down to your local Dealership that is a "PARTS UNLIMITED" dealer. Tell them its a Mikuni Carb and Show them your Jets you took out of your Carb. If they are a Big Shop they should have some in stock, if not they can get them with in a day or so from a PU warehouse.



FYI,

It is not Pitsters Job to Supply Carburator Jets or Jet kits believe it or not that would be a Fortune as Jets are costly around $2.30 a Piece



Search for my write-up on How to jet your bike it will detail how you pick the right Jets. also someone on here that lives near by could help you with a starting point.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,433 Posts
Exactly what oldschool said, the dealerships around here dont even know the right jets if you know what carb you have they always just have you bring them in and match them up
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,308 Posts
My point is that if the bike is bone stock the carb should make the bike run fine with the stock jets. If you've fooled around with clip position and air screw then you need to set everything back to stock and start over. The bikes from the factory run great! I've seen at least 10 of these bikes built and sent out of pitster running like champions and we are at a high elevation in Utah. If they'll run here, they'll run anywhere!



Search through the threads oldschool has posted about jetting. It's killer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have tried every clip position on the needle while then manipulating the air screw for each clip position....could it possibly be something else??? Anytime I snap the throttle open instead of slowly rolling it on it bogs severly or dies out.....





I have tried walking in with the jets to cycle gear and GP sports both are motorcycle/dirtbike shops With no luck...



If anyone has previously and ACTUALLY bought jets for there pister with a mikuni 25mm carb online please tell me where/contact info would be most appreciated....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,362 Posts
kriskyk said:
I have tried every clip position on the needle while then manipulating the air screw for each clip position....could it possibly be something else??? Anytime I snap the throttle open instead of slowly rolling it on it bogs severly or dies out.....





I have tried walking in with the jets to cycle gear and GP sports both are motorcycle/dirtbike shops With no luck...



If anyone has previously and ACTUALLY bought jets for there pister with a mikuni 25mm carb online please tell me where/contact info would be most appreciated....


Most likely the reason no bike shop has the Correct Jets in stock is because they are a Small size jet and they are used to working on Big bikes with bigger jets Thats why you order them and get them in a few days



Any PARTS UNLIMITED Dealer can get the Jets thats where I get all my Mikuni and Kehlin Jets from Thats where and what i tune all the Team Bikes with and the Bike are all Pitsters with Mikuni and Kehlin Carbs......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,308 Posts
kriskyk said:
I have tried every clip position on the needle while then manipulating the air screw for each clip position....could it possibly be something else??? Anytime I snap the throttle open instead of slowly rolling it on it bogs severly or dies out.....





I have tried walking in with the jets to cycle gear and GP sports both are motorcycle/dirtbike shops With no luck...



If anyone has previously and ACTUALLY bought jets for there pister with a mikuni 25mm carb online please tell me where/contact info would be most appreciated....


your pilot is too rich. try leaning out your air screw.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,623 Posts
Or you can get jets from Sudco. Just about any shop will have a Sudco catalog, or you can hit their site up online. There are sections that show all the various Mikuni jet types, and Keihn jet types. Match yours up, call, and tell them the sizes you want.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
176 Posts
I'm mostly a 2 stroke guy but I'll take a shot at this one.

I'm pretty sure the main jets would be 2000 Suzuki SV650 jets.

Parts Unlimited # KN201221-xxx

I'm 100% with Twitchy on this one. I'm guessing there's a real fine piece of blue or black plastic in your idle mixture circuit(airscrew) or the pilot jet.



The 22mm carb comes with a #15 pilot jet with the air screw at 1 3/4 out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,654 Posts
burgerking said:
i heard those bieks are not good becuase my friend just got one and blew it up after like 2 rides idk but i dont trust them




WHAT!!!!!???!!??!!??!



You heard the x4 was not a good bike!!

How exactly did "your friend" blow it up??



p.s. sorry to take the thread off topic. I just would like answers to the above.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
416 Posts
I'm trying to tune my 22mm mikuni in right now also. I know that i need a different pilot jet but when i took it out there isn't a number anywhere on the jet. The main jet is a 90, its stamped right into it. If i got a set of hole gauges and found the diameter of the hole in the pilot, how would i relate this to a numbered jet size so i know where to start from when i go to buy jets at my local shop?
 
1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top