PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I got some questions for ordering purposes for my build comin up.

First: I wanna do a Ryan Dungey replica sorta build, so will the Yoshimura carbon KLX fit my X4? It looks a little different then the KLX FMF exhaust

second: KLX plastic will fit correct? So Yellow plastic and I can get the Rockstar/makita/Suzuki graphics for the KLX/DRZ?

Third: who makes a red dress up kit for every possible cover for a GPX150?

I think that's all for now, I'm sure there's more though lol

thanks a ton,

Kaleb

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Will a KTM 50SX or 65SX front fender fit? I think a black one of those would give it a sweet look. Just cut the graphics to fit...? Just a thought.....

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
Yes the pipe will fit,, Yes the plastics will too,, also Pro Circuit makes red dress up kits,, all the above for KLX will work.

·
Registered
178 Posts
sounds like a sweet project kaleb! let us know how the ktm fender goes if you try it.

on a side note, what part of canada you from? there is a pit bike hair scramble out in my neck of the woods in a couple weeks!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Another question, what kind of triple clamp kits rise about an inch and have 1 1/8th clamps? Sorry if there dumb questions, I just don't know where to look.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm from Drayton Valley, about an hour south west of Edmonton.

Where's this harescramble? St. Francis like usual?

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Here's a pic of my son's KLX that we turned into a replica of Dungey's 2009 RMZ250. We just added the X4 suspension. The plastic if UFO, the graphics are One Industries' 2009 kit. The N-Style seat cover came from Pax Racing.

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
The KTM 65 front fender and # plate will be the one you want to go with. However it is not available in yellow. Just black, white and orange

·
Registered
178 Posts
the hair scramble is out at bump, up by busby.

i was actually down riding the brazeau trails last saturday with the pitster, and was out at my cousins in drayton. we went to go to ride wild bills and found out they were having the hair scramble!

i seen some risers on pitsters web site that will raise the bars up and convert to the 1 1-8th bars.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's exactly what I wanna build, but with number 5 plates, and a Yosh RS-2 Carbon instead.

And with new triple clamps, and 1 1/8th inch Pro Tapers without the cross bar.

Do you guys know what kind of tires he runs?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
And about the fender, I think black would look cool with the kit. And the KTM's have the best front looks so that would be sick.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey by the way, who are your cousins? Drayton isn't very big lol good chance I know them or have heard of them.

The dam has gotten so blocked up with the fish and feathers crap the last year it's so ridiculous. I've been ridin just around drayton. Found some cool ride places I used go shred on my Predator 90 haha just as fun on a pitster!

·
Registered
178 Posts
my cousin s name is kent, and a real good family friend that rides alot from there is colin pouliot.

i guess it wuld depend on how old you were if you knew them, we are a bit older!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've heard of the last name! Haha

I'm gettin payed next Friday and I'll probly order the plastic and graphics then. I'm thinkin black rear fender, black number plates, black KTM 65 front fender, and yellow shrouds. Sounds like it should look pretty good..?

I'll be ordering the Yosh and a Mikuni VM26 carb my next payday. I'll post some pics when I get the plastics

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
BigRed359 said:
That's exactly what I wanna build, but with number 5 plates, and a Yosh RS-2 Carbon instead.

And with new triple clamps, and 1 1/8th inch Pro Tapers without the cross bar.

Do you guys know what kind of tires he runs?

Ryan is running Dunlops this year. Which model, depends on the track conditions.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
alright, ill take a look at the Dunlops

when is this harescrable? thatll be super fun. and ive always wanted to go ridin at BUMP, looks pretty sweet

ill hopefully be ordering Pro Taper Contour Mini Hi bars with the Rocjstar bar pad and GPX 1-1/8th clamps this weekend to get the build started. maybe even the front fender if i have enough money. ill post some pics when i get er mounted

·
Registered
178 Posts
28th , so next saturday, starts around 6 pm.

i was going to get bars yesterday, then realized the ones i was looking at wouldnt raise them as i hoped. not having much luck getting bend info from pitster.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
alright. ill definitely try to make it!

ive heard that about pitster and there ordering problems as well. takes them a while to get stuff out.

ill send them an e-mail when i get back home, but i know the GPX 7/8th to 1-1/8th clamps give 1.75" of extra rise so you wont need an pbverly high "fatbar" style bar

1 - 18 of 18 Posts