PlanetMinis Forums banner
61 - 80 of 92 Posts

· Registered
317 Posts
Yes Crf 110 plastics. The stock DNM shock isn't bad but if you wanna upgrade to the Elka get the piggyback. RadRides404 post a pic of your new Elka please.

Just had time to respond to thread..I'm not sure what happened to all my pic's lol...I was totally out of it on death bead with pneumonia and sick as a dog last week. I must of deleted them from files on hopes of new ones riding..But I will send you a pic of elka mounted on bike ASAP..I would go with the elka piggyback..most likely you will not be using air box so this set up is the best..Plus quick adj knobs easily accessed reaching right through opening between the rubber mud flap and the rear lower fender...At least on the 2015 models..It one badaz looking shock..You also can get a visual on pister pro web site..
Elka MX Race Shock for LXR

ps..Mahinsminis: Bike is ripping and feels amazing yet just been crappy weather around here to run it. Muddy as hell right now do to last snow fall melting then rain...Work permitting hopefully I get a chance this weekend to tear it up..Only can do so much testing up and down driveway lol...

· Registered
229 Posts
Yes Crf 110 plastics. The stock DNM shock isn't bad but if you wanna upgrade to the Elka get the piggyback. RadRides404 post a pic of your new Elka please.
thanks for your reply. I am planning to mainly use it for my backyard mini moto track that i started today. I had 4 xl dump truck loads delivered today. I'm unfortunately doing it all with wheelbarrows right now as I don't have $300 to spend on a skid steer at the moment. :-/

You think the stock shock is ok for what I'll be doing for the time being or would you say to go ahead and get the Elka?

· Registered
229 Posts
Just had time to respond to thread..I'm not sure what happened to all my pic's lol...I was totally out of it on death bead with pneumonia and sick as a dog last week. I must of deleted them from files on hopes of new ones riding..But I will send you a pic of elka mounted on bike ASAP..I would go with the elka piggyback..most likely you will not be using air box so this set up is the best..Plus quick adj knobs easily accessed reaching right through opening between the rubber mud flap and the rear lower fender...At least on the 2015 models..It one badaz looking shock..You also can get a visual on pister pro web site..
Elka MX Race Shock for LXR

ps..Mahinsminis: Bike is ripping and feels amazing yet just been crappy weather around here to run it. Muddy as hell right now do to last snow fall melting then rain...Work permitting hopefully I get a chance this weekend to tear it up..Only can do so much testing up and down driveway lol...

I will be leaving the bike stock at irst. I plan to do white plastics and graphics so it matches my 2014 Husky TC250. I'm a rep for Chill MX Apparel so I plan to have it set up at my booth at the races.

Side note: RideChill - Home let me know if you guys want some gear. I'll take good care of you. shoot me an email at [email protected] or on here.

Would you mind explaining to me the airbox vs no airbox difference? I mean.. does it make a huge difference?

· Registered
968 Posts
I will be leaving the bike stock at irst. I plan to do white plastics and graphics so it matches my 2014 Husky TC250. I'm a rep for Chill MX Apparel so I plan to have it set up at my booth at the races. Side note: RideChill - Home let me know if you guys want some gear. I'll take good care of you. shoot me an email at [email protected] or on here. Would you mind explaining to me the airbox vs no airbox difference? I mean.. does it make a huge difference?
I ended up having to eliminate the airbox when I mounted up the fox shock it did not clear. I did not think it would make a big difference but it was night and day. No airbox is the way to go unless you mud ride the thing

R.R.N.S. - Rail Ruts Not S!u+s

· Registered
229 Posts
I ended up having to eliminate the airbox when I mounted up the fox shock it did not clear. I did not think it would make a big difference but it was night and day. No airbox is the way to go unless you mud ride the thing

RIght on man. Thanks for the advice.
How are you liking the bike so far? What kind of riding do you do?

· Registered
968 Posts
RIght on man. Thanks for the advice. How are you liking the bike so far? What kind of riding do you do?
I like the bike, the DNM is junk in my opinion on the bike. Get the Elka and never look back. I raced the bike for a entire indoor winter series and had a blast, whoops are a joke with 10 inches of travel. I feel like the bike is much better for a taller person. The things I would do is say loctite everything I have lost so many bolts because I did not do this simple step when first getting the bike. If you can't tell from my picture I will ride just about any thing but my favorite is to ride tracks.

Attachments

· Registered
229 Posts
I like the bike, the DNM is junk in my opinion on the bike. Get the Elka and never look back. I raced the bike for a entire indoor winter series and had a blast, whoops are a joke with 10 inches of travel. I feel like the bike is much better for a taller person. The things I would do is say loctite everything I have lost so many bolts because I did not do this simple step when first getting the bike. If you can't tell from my picture I will ride just about any thing but my favorite is to ride tracks.

damn..goin big!
Thanks for the feedback.
I think I will go with the Elka then. I mean.. there wont be any big ass jumps on my home track but I'd like to be able to take it to the tracks with my big bike and play around so I would rather spend the money to have good suspension.

How's the motor? I've only ridden stock klx110 motors and a 10/12 mini with a built 125 motor. I'm thinking/hoping it'll blow that 125 out of the water.

· Registered
1,797 Posts

· Registered
1,797 Posts
Pitster has no sub frames ...
But can you verify that the sub-frame is all that needs to be modified to covert to the CRF stuff? If so, Ill be ordering a set of plastics from you soon. Im asking if frames are the same, a tank, plastics and little modding to sub-frame is all thats needed...

· Vendor
10,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Kenny
As soon as Pitster gets the sub frames ill get some here
I wanted to do our LXR bikes up that way too
Otherwise im going to have to wait

· Vendor
10,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
Any updates yet regarding this comment from about 6 weeks ago mentioning more Pitster LXR fourteen's being built? Timeframe of when u will be getting them?
No update
Pitster Pro owners told me directly the info I reported
Pitster Pro Warehouse manager keeps me posted on new arrivals
Unfortunately no word on this

61 - 80 of 92 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.