PlanetMinis Forums banner

101 - 120 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
And if I had one complaint it would be the exhaust keeps burning my frigging pants lol I just ordered a cheapy heat shield to see if that works. On all my bikes I squeeze the tank the whole time I ride and it just keeps touching the exhaust.
I left some pants on my exhaust! Yeah maybe looking into some guards or wraps

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
And if I had one complaint it would be the exhaust keeps burning my frigging pants lol I just ordered a cheapy heat shield to see if that works. On all my bikes I squeeze the tank the whole time I ride and it just keeps touching the exhaust.
I left some pants on the exhaust today. Looking into guards or wrap..

·
Registered
212 Posts
Dang this site just glitched. I posted and then galfko,s post showed up from hours ago. The plastic plugs are a good idea man.

·
Registered
68 Posts
So finally started working on the single track on my property, i have a long way to go but the kids are loving it, surprisingly they're favorite is the small log jumping.

On side note tonight after washing the bike, i tipped it on both sides just to let any excess water run off and i went to turn the fuel on so i could start it and gas just started to run out of the overflow! I ran it all day today and it ran perfect and wasn't doing that! I was like what the hell, how could my float be stuck i have a fuel filter on it. Sure enough it had a couple pieces of black plastics stopping the float, so...my theory is when i laid it on its side after washing it there must have been a couple of pieces of plastic in the bowl that floated around and got caught in there before i put my fuel filter on, if thats not the case im not sure how it got past my fuel filter.
Either way it runs perfectly fine again and no more gas dumping when turning on my fuel.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
So finally started working on the single track on my property, i have a long way to go but the kids are loving it, surprisingly they're favorite is the small log jumping.

On side note tonight after washing the bike, i tipped it on both sides just to let any excess water run off and i went to turn the fuel on so i could start it and gas just started to run out of the overflow! I ran it all day today and it ran perfect and wasn't doing that! I was like what the hell, how could my float be stuck i have a fuel filter on it. Sure enough it had a couple pieces of black plastics stopping the float, so...my theory is when i laid it on its side after washing it there must have been a couple of pieces of plastic in the bowl that floated around and got caught in there before i put my fuel filter on, if thats not the case im not sure how it got past my fuel filter.
Either way it runs perfectly fine again and no more gas dumping when turning on my fuel.
That’s pretty cool your getting outdoors with your daughter! Ran across ya on Instagram so I’ve seen some of these pics - awesome you can rip a trail around your property. I got my 7 y/o son out this last weekend. One day was on a motocross track which was hella cool! My first time on a course like that. And the next day was ripping around a wet and muddy field with some of my buddies and their kids. Smiles all the way around.
I’ve been hiding a Pitster pro 110 for my sons bday on the 10th this month but after this weekend I realized that the seat height was way too tall for him. So I’m scrambling trying to get the pitster 90 for him. Ordered Monday morning and still been in “processing“ because of the holiday. But now I’m tore if I should keep the 110 just for myself to whoop around on or try to sell it.. the 110 could be my wheelie bike around my house!
*Couple things with the FSE190, I’ve stripped two bolts so far, one holding the skid plate/motor, and broke a bolt on my front caliper.. I’ve heard on most bikes ya need to swap out hardware with stronger but now I’m thinking that is a dam good idea. Front caliper bolt I broke was with a new torque wrench set at 12 in lbs.. grr.. still works with the broke bolt but at some point I’ve got to get it out of there..

·
Registered
68 Posts
That’s pretty cool your getting outdoors with your daughter! Ran across ya on Instagram so I’ve seen some of these pics - awesome you can rip a trail around your property. I got my 7 y/o son out this last weekend. One day was on a motocross track which was hella cool! My first time on a course like that. And the next day was ripping around a wet and muddy field with some of my buddies and their kids. Smiles all the way around.
I’ve been hiding a Pitster pro 110 for my sons bday on the 10th this month but after this weekend I realized that the seat height was way too tall for him. So I’m scrambling trying to get the pitster 90 for him. Ordered Monday morning and still been in “processing“ because of the holiday. But now I’m tore if I should keep the 110 just for myself to whoop around on or try to sell it.. the 110 could be my wheelie bike around my house!
*Couple things with the FSE190, I’ve stripped two bolts so far, one holding the skid plate/motor, and broke a bolt on my front caliper.. I’ve heard on most bikes ya need to swap out hardware with stronger but now I’m thinking that is a dam good idea. Front caliper bolt I broke was with a new torque wrench set at 12 in lbs.. grr.. still works with the broke bolt but at some point I’ve got to get it out of there..
I took a good bit of preload out of the rear suspension on the fse110r and that helped a lot, maybe drop the forks too but a 90 would definitely probably work best! I have actually been considering the 90 for my son as well he's 7 also, the 110 is definitely to big for him at this point which sucks because in a year or two he'll be ready for the 110 and i will have to buy another one.
Bummer on the bolts stripping, how did you handle the motor mount bolt?? Was it the one on the bottom or the side one on the head?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Very nice!
Love how you bring her in the house!
Im up to owning 3 Pitster and a CRF50! Addicting fun bikes!!
Awesome man! tell me about the mxr next to the crf50? I need a bike now for my 7 year old boy and I think the new fse60 might just be a bit to small

·
Registered
22 Posts
It’s a mix between the 50sx and 65sx. I just had to have Bikegraphix.com make a custom template for decals so they now can do sticker to the new 190s

·
Registered
22 Posts
Front fender, rear fender, and front number plate are 50sx and side number plate and tank shrouds are 65sx. It’s absolutely dumb why they did that. I found that out cuz I just had custom graphics made for mine

101 - 120 of 160 Posts