PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a good buddy of mine asked me what’s a good motor on the market right at this moment of course I mentioned a lot of differnt motors. But his price range was around 600$ so I went out on a limb saying that the new 155z HO was a decent motor from what I read...I’ve only ridden and tried the 155z..Not the new HO. Anyways he calls up pitster and orders this motor this past week. Since it says on the website that its free shipping he thought wow what a good company! But to clear it up seems that pitster does not free ship this motor.

What else is on the site that isn’t correct?

I was considering myself on getting a 155z HO to put in my ct70.

But little things such as the shipping have changed my mind.

So my question is...why do you have something on the site and you don’t even stand by it???

If you go look at the site you can see where it says free shipping also.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
what did they say when you guys called and asked why it wasnt free shipping??

did he get charged shipping without being told he was being charged??

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mutinytattoo said:
what did they say when you guys called and asked why it wasnt free shipping??

did he get charged shipping without being told he was being charged??

They just said we don’t free ship any of our motors.

And no they told him that the shipping was extra. So he paid.

But still it says on the website FREE SHIPPING....lol

I’m just disappointed in the whole deal

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
The way the Pitster Pro shopping cart is, the customer must select the free shipping option during check out. This is due to the admin on the backend of the shopping cart they use. There is a ** on the front page of the shopping cart that informs people they must select the free shipping option.

TOP OF HOMEPAGE:

BOTTOM OF HOMEPAGE:

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
AngryDirtbikers17 said:
They just said we don’t free ship any of our motors.

And no they told him that the shipping was extra. So he paid.

But still it says on the website FREE SHIPPING....lol

I’m just disappointed in the whole deal
true if it says free shipping on motors then free shipping it should be!!

·
Vendor
3,643 Posts
Probably just missunderstood you and thought you wanted free shipping over the phone. Free shipping is only offered online. Have your friend call and talk with Chris and he will honor the free shipping.

The way our shopping cart section is set up the buyer must select the free shipping option during checkout. This is stated on the front home page of our shop section. This has to do with the admin on the backend of our site. Its the only way our shop will work with the free shipping.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Pitster said:
The way our shopping cart section is set up the buyer must select the free shipping option during checkout. This is stated on the front home page of our shop section. This has to do with the admin on the backend of our site. Its the only way our shop will work with the free shipping.

So when someone orders online and doesn't know about the free shipping option, you guys just look the other way until pointed out publicly?

·
Registered
765 Posts
ive ordered quite a few things from pitster and havent had any problems? i even had the 155z h.o. shipped to me. it got here 3 days after i ordered it and i havent had 1 problem with the engine itself. i know on 1 occasion i did opt to pay for shipping because i am very impatient lol and even the pay shipping rate didnt seem to high of a price?

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
AngryDirtbikers17 said:
So a good buddy of mine asked me what’s a good motor on the market right at this moment of course I mentioned a lot of differnt motors. But his price range was around 600$ so I went out on a limb saying that the new 155z HO was a decent motor from what I read...I’ve only ridden and tried the 155z..Not the new HO. Anyways he calls up pitster and orders this motor this past week. Since it says on the website that its free shipping he thought wow what a good company! But to clear it up seems that pitster does not free ship this motor.

What else is on the site that isn’t correct?

I was considering myself on getting a 155z HO to put in my ct70.

But little things such as the shipping have changed my mind.

So my question is...why do you have something on the site and you don’t even stand by it???

If you go look at the site you can see where it says free shipping also.

Lol i usually read this threads and never look at the user that posts them... But I hope you and your friend the best of luck with pitster... Don't want me to start on them, Def. not going to spend any money witht them agian. But isn't it free shipping but they still charge a handling fee or something like that, been atleast 6 months since i've even looked at their website.

But on the other hand a friend of mine called them up asking about carbs, trying to find one to fit on his ttr50, like if they had any junk ones laying around or what not to find something that would fit and he would buy a new one. But he bought a brand new boot to mount the carb and some jets from pitster, few days later those parts came in then a brand new carb came in from Trailboss, Vm26 Mikuni a real one. But yea I'm not sure why he got a new carb for free but who knows, seems like some guys there at pitster are wanting to help out then others not having a clue how to run a business.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
TyConway said:
Lol i usually read this threads and never look at the user that posts them... But I hope you and your friend the best of luck with pitster... Don't want me to start on them, Def. not going to spend any money witht them agian. But isn't it free shipping but they still charge a handling fee or something like that, been atleast 6 months since i've even looked at their website.

But on the other hand a friend of mine called them up asking about carbs, trying to find one to fit on his ttr50, like if they had any junk ones laying around or what not to find something that would fit and he would buy a new one. But he bought a brand new boot to mount the carb and some jets from pitster, few days later those parts came in then a brand new carb came in from Trailboss, Vm26 Mikuni a real one. But yea I'm not sure why he got a new carb for free but who knows, seems like some guys there at pitster are wanting to help out then others not having a clue how to run a business.
so your sayin no other company has ever done this to someone? im sure crap like this happens all the time,,, im not takin sides im just sayin people make mistakes,,, you ever think the person ordering the part isnt making sense?? mistakes happen on both ends man,, just my 2 pennies

·
Vendor
3,643 Posts
MpR said:
So when someone orders online and doesn't know about the free shipping option, you guys just look the other way until pointed out publicly?

MPR that is not the case. It states on our home page free shipping and that customers must select the free shipping option during checkout to get that free shipping.

Like I stated before, if you're friend would to call in we can refund his shipping charge. I spoke with my parts guys and they thought he wanted to order a motor over the phone and receive the website discounts.

·
Vendor
3,643 Posts
When you buy online you can select FREE SHIPPING if you have an order over $100, IT IS A QUESTION THAT IS ASKED WHEN YOU GO THROUGH THE CHECK OUT PROCESS. We have the discount option online in an effort to get the customers to buy online and save! If customers buys online it also takes less man power for our staff at Pitster Pro and thus brings the customer a bigger discount. This is a common thing with web stores. Many businesses offer INTERNET DISCOUNT pricing, its nothing new.

The way the store works is this.....If you do not order over $100 then the free shipping question will NOT appear and shipping charges will automatically be charged or if you do not select free shipping on orders over $100.

It is the responsibility of the online buyer to select the FREE SHIPPING upon check out. Please as a consumer make sure you read the check out questions when you purchase from our store, this way we/you can track your order better and you will also make sure to get free shipping if your order is large enough to qualify for free shipping program.

Thank you

Gary G.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Pitster said:
Probably just missunderstood you and thought you wanted free shipping over the phone. Free shipping is only offered online. Have your friend call and talk with Chris and he will honor the free shipping.

I appreciate the quick response. I will for sure have him give you guys a call as soon as he can.

Thanks.

·
Vendor
3,643 Posts
AngryDirtbikers17 said:
I appreciate the quick response. I will for sure have him give you guys a call as soon as he can.

Thanks.

Great thanks, talk to you soon.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Pitser is a legit group of riders racers and business men. There shipping department needs a few revisions but all and all they are the best importer to buy from IMHO.

I wish I could order a new LXR but just too many bikes here right now.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I havent had any problems what so ever with pitster pro. They have awesome service and parts departments. If you honestly started this thread because your buddy didnt get free shipping on a motor is retarded. Why dont you call and ask them the reason why he didnt get free shipping before you start bashing.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts