PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of the vendors on here know of any companies making quality pit bike wheels with different color options for the hubs/rim? I am specifically looking for blue hubs and black rims in 14/12 combo. Pitster and piranha are the two Chinese companies I know of that make quality wheels at a good price but they don't offer any options for color as far as I know...

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Any of the vendors on here know of any companies making quality pit bike wheels with different color options for the hubs/rim? I am specifically looking for blue hubs and black rims in 14/12 combo. Pitster and piranha are the two Chinese companies I know of that make quality wheels at a good price but they don't offer any options for color as far as I know...
Just get your hubs powder coated and get some rims for it

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just get your hubs powder coated and get some rims for it
Ya I thought about doing that, its just a pain in the ass having to dissassemble and then ship out the parts to be colored, and then reassemble (not to mention the cost of reassembling the wheels because I dont know how to build wheels myself nor do I have a truing stand). It would be a lot easier if I could find some wheels already anodized/powercoated the color I want. Plus I am probably going to need to buy new wheels anyways. But if I did go that route, what do you think is better for coloring the hubs: powder coating or anodizing?

Also does anyone know the quality of YCF pit bike parts? They are available here in the USA, but they are a pretty popular high end pit bike company in Europe. I was looking at their catalog the other day and they have an awesome selection of all kinds of parts (wheels, triple clamps, wheel spacers, engine dress up kits, hose clamps, brake resevoir caps etc)for their bikes anodized in just about any color you would want. The parts are reasonably priced and look pretty trick and they are decently priced.

Heres a pic I found of their wheels,

Attachments

·
Registered
242 Posts
Also does anyone know the quality of YCF pit bike parts? They are available here in the USA, but they are a pretty popular high end pit bike company in Europe.
I've been looking for wheel options as well. It appears YCF only has one US distributor, a place that sells exclusively on ebay, and does not stock/sell anything for 50's :(

·
Registered
166 Posts
Those are the same style hubs that came factory on my 07 Motovert so they are beefy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts