PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a recommendation for a pit bike for a 12 year old, who has limited amount of mini bike experience (CR70). Mainly be used on trails, nothing technical. Was looking at the Pitser Pro 90CC or the SR110-Semi (not sure when it will be back in stock at T-Bolt USA). He doesn't have any experience with a manual clutch so was thinking of going with just a foot clutch model till he had more experience. Budget less than $1,000.

Thanks for your help!

Brooks

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Any particular reason why you are looking for a pitbike over a small dirt bike? I think a crf100 for crf150f would be a better fit. Age 12 is a good age to move up to a bike with a clutch and have those skills for down the road.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
I would get him at least a crf100. Great starter bike and fun to play around with your buddy's on.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
A "Pit Bike" is designed for an adult. Unless your 12yo weighs over 160lbs the suspension will be way too stiff for him!
As others have said, a klx/crf110 would be a better choice. Or a crf/xr100. Just because he doesn't have experience with a clutch doesn't mean he can't learn.

·
Registered
193 Posts
A "Pit Bike" is designed for an adult. Unless your 12yo weighs over 160lbs the suspension will be way too stiff for him!
As others have said, a klx/crf110 would be a better choice. Or a crf/xr100. Just because he doesn't have experience with a clutch doesn't mean he can't learn.
+1 I got a SSR SR110 used for my XL 8yo (4'6/75bs) and found out that it was quite a chore to get the suspension set up for him.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.