PlanetMinis Forums banner
141 - 160 of 197 Posts

· Registered
533 Posts
This is something I am kinda interested to hear about... I am wanting to build up another motor for my Reeg 70 race bike and not sure what direction I want to take, I'm leaning towards either TB's 117 stroker kit or the usual Tak 124. But... How would a 155z ho be in comparision? With a 184 big bore kit? Power? (HP wise how bout that lol) Durability? Longevity? Tq curve which is going to be able to hit hardest down low and lug a gear high if needed? etc any input would be appreciated Thanks

· Vendor
10,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #146 ·
TB 177cc is a great idea , The 184cc V2 head motors are in a whole different league , more power everywhere .
Tons of documentation here on PM of the power that can be made , just baby them at start up and the hold together well

· Registered
2,424 Posts
This is something I am kinda interested to hear about... I am wanting to build up another motor for my Reeg 70 race bike and not sure what direction I want to take, I'm leaning towards either TB's 117 stroker kit or the usual Tak 124. But... How would a 155z ho be in comparision? With a 184 big bore kit? Power? (HP wise how bout that lol) Durability? Longevity? Tq curve which is going to be able to hit hardest down low and lug a gear high if needed? etc any input would be appreciated Thanks
Better off going with a YX160 to start. Then the big stuff we put on. The 160 has a little bigger stroke for even more torque. We build these up to 201 cc. That grunt there!

· Registered
585 Posts
A stock 155z with a VM26 is slow as balls. I'm sure with a V2 racehead it would be a lot better. I've seen a takegawa 124 BBR bike easily keep up with a pitster with a 184z with a stock head. The transmission's ratio spacing between each gears is awkward. Pretty much every person I know that ran a pitster motor (or any other china motor for that matter), had bottom end problems. But they're so cheap, just save the top-end and buy another one. For the price, you can't really go wrong tho.

· Vendor
10,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #149 · (Edited)
And Ive seen a guy guy win a 12in OPEN moto on a STOCK KLX110 in a 25 man field

Here is a customer review from our store
Pitster Pro 155 Z H-O Engine
fits Pit Bikes and other Minis
[PP-155-HO-0522]

This engine is great!!! I put it in my bike, and immediately noticed a ton more power! It blows all my buddies bikes out of the water! Thanks T Bolt!

====================================================

We have 2 LXR bikes here , one has YX160 and the other has a ZS155cc
Both are VERY strong and have good torque
Ofcourse they rev out better with a V2 head
But there is no way you can call this Pit bike motor slow in comparison to other Pit bikes
Just runs different , more bottom to mid , short shift and clutch it

· Vendor
10,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #151 ·
Works Motor Build Finished for Customer , on to the next one
60mm TB Piston
V2 Roller Head with New Valves set up
Takegawa De-Comp special kit installed
New PP HO Bottom end
Ready to Rip

Auto part Engine Compressor Vehicle Pump

· Vendor
10,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #152 ·
Ready to ship out to customer just wanted you guys to see it
Geezer Built CRF70 Works Engine
Our Works Engine program uses Race proven Tb parts

114 cc Honda motor
TB 54 mm cyl and piston
TB race head with tb300 race cam
Case bored
TB hd semi auto clutch
TB hd oil pump
49.5 mm crankshaft
All rebuilt Honda core 2000 xr70
New Honda shifter shaft

Auto part Engine Automotive engine part Automotive super charger part Carburetor

Auto part Vehicle Engine Automotive engine part

Attachments

· Registered
1,804 Posts
What would be a good engine to put in my 84 z50 & maybe one in my sons xr70? Xr70 is smoking and doesn't have much power. Thinking of non auto.

· Registered
343 Posts
What would be a good engine to put in my 84 z50 & maybe one in my sons xr70? Xr70 is smoking and doesn't have much power. Thinking of non auto.
Works motors are full blown race motors. For your sons bike id just rebuild it. Maybe a 88 kit if he's looking for more power. Because I'd bet your bottom dollar that those works motors can get pretty pricey! Lol. I'm going to try to end up with one eventually though.

· Registered
836 Posts
So what constitutes a works motor? I have a Z155HO with the 184 kit and the V2 head and a YX 57mm crank. Is this considered a works motor? Full specs listed in my sig. If it is considerd a works motor what would it be worth with just over 2 hours on it.

· Registered
1,804 Posts
I should've been more specific. Not looking for race engines just a good engine with more balls than stock. Thinking of one of the 110s

· Registered
70 Posts
Just my .02, but if I were going to ever go that route, I'd prefer to buy a modded Kawi, Honda, or Yamaha motor rather than the off brands. I know it'd probably be more of a pain but I know a lot of guys who wouldn't spend the money on those. I guess it's just personal preference.

· Registered
343 Posts
Just my .02, but if I were going to ever go that route, I'd prefer to buy a modded Kawi, Honda, or Yamaha motor rather than the off brands. I know it'd probably be more of a pain but I know a lot of guys who wouldn't spend the money on those. I guess it's just personal preference.
If you read it, the top one is a crf70 built motor. Seems that a crf70 is a legit Honda to me?

· Vendor
10,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #160 ·
I should've been more specific. Not looking for race engines just a good engine with more balls than stock. Thinking of one of the 110s
What "stock" engine are your referring to sir ?

141 - 160 of 197 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.