PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy has a honda 50 w/ a big bore kit (think it is now a 88cc) anyways, its a fun little bike...you can stand it up on the rear wheel for about as long as you want...i bought a pister pro x2 today and was wondering if it was balanced, had the right gearing, power, etc. to make as good of a stunt bike as his little 50 is...bought this bike strictly for pleasure and was hoping i could get a few peoples experience with this bike...Thanks, Chase

·
Registered
5,383 Posts
You can do anything if you put your mind to it. Its totally possible. Just make sure to keep your balance and find your bp. Good luck Bud!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No bragging intended but i was raised on a big farm and all i had to do was ride wheelies and play around on my back wheel...this being said i am pretty good at doing that kind of stuff (never been on a track in my life) so i was just wondering if the bike is capable with a rider w/ the capability to do so...I recently rode a cheap chinese bike and coundnt get the front wheel of the ground for more than 10 yards lol It felt like they tied a cinder block to the front of it ... then walked over to the 50 and rode it till i didnt want to anymore...i was just hoping i woundnt run into this problem w/ the pister...

·
Registered
5,383 Posts
Never ridden one personally. I have ridden the yx 150 which is the bigger brother motor to this. NO problem whatsoever keeping the front wheel up...

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
You realize it is much taller and longer, overall just a BIGGER bike? It will undoubtedly be harder to stunt than a stock 50 with a few mods. I would look more into a stock style bike...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yes i do realize this...I did find one video of a guy on one riding circle wheelies so i see it can be done...just wondered if anyone on here can and what they did to theres to make it a better bike to play on...would like to see if anyone has put pegs or 12 0'clock bar on there pitster...i use mine for both stunt and racing around the track so i decided to try to get as close as i could in doing both and felt the pitster was a better choice...Thanks

·
Registered
761 Posts
If you really are any good at wheelies you should be able to jump on just about anything and figure out how to wheelie it within a couple minutes...

close to stock honda 50's are one of the easiest bikes to ride around on one wheel with though..

a few years back i had a china 50, which in suspension geometry would be close to the pitster and it was able to handle circle wheelies until i got dizzy..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts