PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just unboxed a new piranha 140 last week, and it’s got a knock! Not sure I’ve done the break in right, although I can’t imagine I’ve done something bad enough for me to have caused the problem. So I Unboxed and let idle for approx 15 minutes, then rode very lightly for about 15 minutes. Changed the oil, rode the bike again for Aprox 45 minutes starting and stopping, with no sudden burst of throttle, I didn’t ride any wheelies, I wasn’t jumping the bike, literally a laid back 45 minutes, not even sure I had it in 4th gear more then once! I did put ams oil 10w40 and I know it calls for conventional. Not a mechanic but it sounds like it’s coming from the bottom end. Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You tube advisable? Narrowed it down to gear box... tore it apart but can’t find anything obvious wrong. I’m no mechanic so I honestly don’t know what I’m looking for beyond teeth missing on gears! But I’ve noticed it makes a whining noise when coasting off the throttle, similar noise to pushing on the kickstart when the bike is running

1 - 4 of 4 Posts