PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello i have a chonda 50 with a new pirahna 125. (this march) Its ben a great everyday rider since. Saturday i rode the piss out of it no issues changed the oil ,air filter,and spark plug on sunday. hasnt ben right since i went to go for a ride yesturday it was way lean on top. I already checked for air leaks none present cleaned the carb(mic 22mm the real one) adjusted the needle no help. So today i went and got some new main jets stock was a 97.5 so i grabed a 100,105 and 110.The 110 helped alot....But after a plug chop its still lean the white tip on my plug says so

so what im asking is sould i go another size up or two

·
Registered
238 Posts
If its been fine until this weekend, my bet is one of two things. Your filter is over oiled or still wet from when you serviced it, and or if you washed the bike you got water in the float bowl. Just a guess though.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mslate said:
If its been fine until this weekend, my bet is one of two things. Your filter is over oiled or still wet from when you serviced it, and or if you washed the bike you got water in the float bowl. Just a guess though.

wouldnt a over oiled filter cause a rich condition it is a new filter maybee its under oiled?No water in the carb either even changed the gas and cleaned the tank still lean on the top no more poping or falling flat but still a white tip on my plugs

what should the plug gap be at ?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mslate said:
Over oiled will let less air through, have had it happen a a few times.

yeah me too but at the moment its getting too much air flow hence the lean condition

ive played around with $40 worth of jets from #100-#120 every thing in between with no luck its goten better but still lean on top pulls way harder no more flat spot or poping but its definetly still lean

im running a 117.5 main jet stock pilot jet needle in lowest position fuel screw is 2 turns out

ive dialed in many engines in my time but this one has me stumped id like to get it going for this weekend to race it but its not looking promissing

1 - 6 of 6 Posts