PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got any pics or videos of mini tracks in Cali? Like Milestone, porterville, DT-1, Gorman, etc... Would love to see some

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Anyone got any pics or videos of mini tracks in Cali? Like Milestone, porterville, DT-1, Gorman, etc... Would love to see some
Dt1 has a vet track that would be fun on a mini. Porterville also has a kids track and vet track that is open most weekends. Gormans kid track is for little kids but better than nothing. You can google milestone mini track to see the vids

·
Registered
816 Posts
Mini moto track I built in my parents backyard back when I was in high school (in saratoga, ca which is south san jose area). Best mini track I've ever ridden. Dirt was prime after a rain and I rottitiled it. But that was almost 8 years ago and its all overgrown now :(

Attachments

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Hey punkguitarist, that looks like a fun little mini track is it still rideable? I used to live in Los gatos. I still have a lot of friends in that area some that ride minis but their bikes are in Idaho at my track . One buddy has been bugging me to bring him his bike, I might be willing to do so if there was a fun track to ride for a weekend

·
Registered
816 Posts
Hey punkguitarist, that looks like a fun little mini track is it still rideable? I used to live in Los gatos. I still have a lot of friends in that area some that ride minis but their bikes are in Idaho at my track . One buddy has been bugging me to bring him his bike, I might be willing to do so if there was a fun track to ride for a weekend
your from lg? Ya my fiance is from there. Did you go to lg high school?

Unfortunately the track is no longer rideable. Its been at least 4 years since it has been ridden. Its covered in weeds 3-4 feet plus tall but the jumps are still all there. It was a lot of work to keep up because the weeds in that area woudl grow sooo fast. I sold my bikes a couple years ago because of bills and after that the track went to shit.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
thats a nice track...you know what they use to do at Unadilla, just have the guys race throuh the 2-3' weeds to form the track. You spray some weed killer on the track in the middle of the week and have people come out Saturday, you could have that track look decent after a few hours. Riding will do more than anything else, although weed wacking my not be a bad idea either.

·
Registered
289 Posts
If weeds are the only thing keeping this track from getting ridden, I smell a work day or two coming up here near winter time.

·
Registered
816 Posts
If weeds are the only thing keeping this track from getting ridden, I smell a work day or two coming up here near winter time.
Its more than weeds. Jump faces would need to be redone. Its doable during the winter. But it woudl be a waste of time to try to do during the summer. The dirt becomes like concrete during the summer.

Ive thought about getting some dirt delivered now and stacking piles of dirt to build some new jumps/berms/whoops, etc. that way come wintertime all it would need is a rain and a day on the tractor to shape the jumps and pack them down and it woudl be good.

Because with my 190 these jumps will all be waaay too small haha. I was able to hit everything on a stock xr100 motor.... If I could move enough dirt, theres sections of the track were you coudl easily get enough speed for some 70ft + jumps

·
Registered
816 Posts
Rented a tractor last weekend to start rebuilding the track. Making a lot of the jumps bigger too. Got a lot of work done last weekend. Added a new section of the track with a new tabletop thats about 50ft long and 3-4ft high followed by a 180 degree berm and with a 25ft x 3ft double right out of the turn and then it ties into the existing track and built up one of the existing tabletops. I added a 3ft lip about 15 feet in front of the old tabletop so it turned it in to a double about 40 ft long 3ft high and with a extended 20ft tabletop landing in case you come up short.

I will post pics when I get a chance. I am gonna try to have the track all rebuilt by the summer and everything a lot bigger for riding my pitster with daytona 190 anima.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Your track has a wicked layout in up n down the hills etc, i had to build a supercross track with my limited space and need for jumps and whoops and doubles and jumps and stip ups and jumps and table tops! oh and did i mention jumps?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts