PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Kobe-- Funny you should ask... I have two of them, one is my $9000 race bike, which I'm keeping. But the other one is my practice stocker. I actually prefer that practice bike to my racer, but it isn't nearly as fast. I can turn lap times within a second or so of the more expensive ride. Not too bad with :56-:57 second lap times.

I fool around more with pit bikes than I do mini GP for now, and I was thinking about selling the practice bike off. You can buy mine for around $2500. They are around $5000 new. If you want to look at more of them, or you want to buy a new one-- check out Cycle Imports or Metrakit Canada. They have websites.

I like mine better than the new ones, because the newer ones have ugly bodywork on them. Mine are '05's, and they look sweet. If you PM me your EM, I can send you some more pics of them. --L*64

·
Registered
285 Posts
Those CR500's are SCARY FAST. At a harescramble a couple years ago, an older guy had the throttle stick on his in a grasstrack section and had to be airlifted out. That was enough to make me think twice before ever riding one of those bad boys.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
mxracr20 said:
Those CR500's are SCARY FAST. At a harescramble a couple years ago, an older guy had the throttle stick on his in a grasstrack section and had to be airlifted out. That was enough to make me think twice before ever riding one of those bad boys.

YEH I WEIGHT 150 AND AM 5'6 SO THAT TELLS YOU IM NOT MEANT FOR A BIKE THAT BIG BUT GLAMIS NEXT MONTH AND ITS ON!!:cool:

·
Registered
30 Posts
My neighbor on his '83 CR60:

CR60 on the right:

It'll piss all over my CRF70, and it'll wheelie in 1st and 2nd just when it gets in the powerband... with my 300# ass on it. 6 speed trans, too.

Edit: the black one is an 01 500...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Luckystar64 said:
Kobe-- Funny you should ask... I have two of them, one is my $9000 race bike, which I'm keeping. But the other one is my practice stocker. I actually prefer that practice bike to my racer, but it isn't nearly as fast. I can turn lap times within a second or so of the more expensive ride. Not too bad with :56-:57 second lap times.

I fool around more with pit bikes than I do mini GP for now, and I was thinking about selling the practice bike off. You can buy mine for around $2500. They are around $5000 new. If you want to look at more of them, or you want to buy a new one-- check out Cycle Imports or Metrakit Canada. They have websites.

I like mine better than the new ones, because the newer ones have ugly bodywork on them. Mine are '05's, and they look sweet. If you PM me your EM, I can send you some more pics of them. --L*64

I am interested in seeing pics of the pratice bike to [email protected]

Where in OH are you? I am in Cincy.

·
Registered
30 Posts
dsrt4 said:
Bitchin Vintage Gilson Minibike in the foreground!!

Thanks man! It's my neighbor's, has a Montgomery Ward's sticker on it. I have a Lil Indian Sabre, we ride them around the neighborhood all the time. :D

About the 500 at the dunes- with the paddle, just be prepared to pull the front wheel up all the time. No big deal, you'll get used to it. :D

1 - 20 of 121 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.