PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my son and nephew EVS neck braces for Christmas. Since the brace seems to offer so much collarbone and shoulder protection, I decided to just attatch the front and rear panels of their chest protectors to the braces. I started to use the supplied EVS straps, but they were pretty long. I wound up using zip ties to attatch the panels to the brace. The boys have ridden with the braces three or four and have adjusted to them. My son also had to adjust to a new adult size helmet on his second ride with the brace. Just thought I'd post a few pics for those interested or considering the EVS. So far, I'm very happy with my purchase.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Looks good, but also wondering about what aedwards said also, hard to tell from pic?

My brother got one of these also and he mounted it the exact same way as you did by using just the front and back panels. He really likes it though and says it doesn't bother him when riding.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He can't move his head with his new Fox V3 as easily as he could with his old youth helmet. It is close to touching on the sides with the Fox V3, but he can move fine. His only complaint has been that it makes it hard for him to fasten his chinstrap by himself but he's only rod with the new helmet twice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.