PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
hey i see the wood ramps in the background of the last pic, how do you like them? did you build them yourself cuz me and my bros are thinkn of building one or two for out at his place and im just wonderin what you think of yours ect....

thanks

CHRIS

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah my buddy and I built them last night and it is by far way better than dirt in my opinion. We're building a SX track and every face will be made of wood. All the faces will be perfectly true and you won't ever have to worry about hitting a kicker. Just my opinion. Hopefully I don't get bashed.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Prowen411 said:
The only downfall to the wood is the cost to make them. We spent $150 at Lowes and only made 2 1/2 ramps. If you got a pocket full of cash wood ramps are the way to go.

Cheaper to build metal kickers using tube steel, grate mesh, flat stock, and angle iron. And they don't rot like wood, just make sure you hit them with some paint. We chose Caterpillar yellow for ours haha:D If you have the means to do so of coarse. Built ours for around $75 maybe a little less I can't remember

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Mxrider346 said:
Cheaper to build metal kickers using tube steel, grate mesh, flat stock, and angle iron. And they don't rot like wood, just make sure you hit them with some paint. We chose Caterpillar yellow for ours haha:D If you have the means to do so of coarse. Built ours for around $75 maybe a little less I can't remember

im going to be making a steel one come spring time.

any body got any hints for some good heights? i dont wanna be going to big but i also want to get some nice air..

steel is not a problem, the old man is an iron worker so i can get what i need

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.