PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wondering how big the mini moto scene is down in az, I'll be moving down there in Oct and attending MMI just wanting to know if it's a big as scene as WA or OR? If you have a track or a riding spot post some pics or vids! I'm not bringing my bike just plan on buying one and building it while going to school and on my way home hit the las Vegas sx and mmsx 12" stock mod!

·
Registered
386 Posts
ur moving to AZ from WA your in for a weather change buddy haha im from texas and i went to AZ in the summer and i was still trippin balls on how hot it was

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah it's going to be diff for sure!! lol I went to tulum, Mexico in July.. 90 deg but add the 90-98% humidity and it felt like 120 deg!!

·
Registered
386 Posts
haha i go up to WA with bud every summer and thats a change for me and we hit up parigen lake and stuff it feels nice up there but when i get back down in texas the humidity is ridiculous

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Its dead. I got into this stuff in 2008 and its been dead since. I've been to the track a few times with my CRF70 and my and my buddy are the only people there on pit bikes. I would love to have some people to ride with so yeah move on out. Do it quick before it gets 115 out. I think the best thing is the Havasu races (which are 3 hours away) but I don't think they even do those any more so yea.... its dead.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
I go to Arizona State and live in Tempe. The weather is unreal. Always nice. Always sun. I've wondered about the pitbike scene as well.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well makes happy that a few people wrote about means I could find a few guys to ride w while I'm down there. I'm not bringing my bikes down plan on buying a klx and buying parts as I'll be able to..

any tracks near MMI?

·
Registered
202 Posts
ridered_508 said:
Well makes happy that a few people wrote about means I could find a few guys to ride w while I'm down there. I'm not bringing my bikes down plan on buying a klx and buying parts as I'll be able to..

any tracks near MMI?
I'm trying to build one in my yard in gilbert

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Forum Runner

·
Registered
3,394 Posts

any tracks near MMI?
This is an old thread but yeah there is Canyon MX pretty close to MMI, probably about 15 miles away. No real mini bike track per say but they let you ride on the vet track and its mellow and fun. I think they only charged us 10$ to ride too.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i still have a bunch of friends around the east mesa area. we do a lot of personal tracks in our backyards and street riding, cops around here seem to give a shit less if they see 10+ 50s going down the middle of the street in broad daylight. as long as we have some sort of eye protection. and for the 1% of cops that do care, they usually tell you to just go home if your respectable to them. but yeah, most of my friends around here have land and we just build our own how we want them and dont have to worry about anything.

·
Registered
13 Posts
last time i was there on a mini was a while ago, went on my big bike but didnt go check and see it. when i was there, it was probably the most fun ive had on my 50 in a long time. nice tables, dubles, burms, whoops. kinda like a 85 track if you will. but very fun, and know one was on it but me and about 5 other friends. there vet track is also fun on a mini.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
i still have a bunch of friends around the east mesa area. we do a lot of personal tracks in our backyards and street riding, cops around here seem to give a shit less if they see 10+ 50s going down the middle of the street in broad daylight. as long as we have some sort of eye protection. and for the 1% of cops that do care, they usually tell you to just go home if your respectable to them. but yeah, most of my friends around here have land and we just build our own how we want them and dont have to worry about anything.
Did someone say backyard track fun day? It's going to be too hot to ride pretty soon...

·
Registered
13 Posts
I like to ride the vet track and the big bike track. It's a blast on the mini. I rode on the mini track once but it was really small.
they must have changed it since ive been there, the mini track used to be the best around by far, but you are right, the vet track is fun.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Did someone say backyard track fun day? It's going to be too hot to ride pretty soon...
your right, but these past couple days have been perfect for me and my buddies. were always down to build a different setup, and we have access to multiple acres, back hoes, skidsteers, multiple bobcats, front loaders, pretty much anything we need. shoot even forklifts.

1 - 20 of 115 Posts