PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my Perimeter frame in 8) . I have to say that it is awsome :D . I have not finished putting it together yet, but it is looking great. So far I have the motor in the frame. The rear end is setup. The Stratos forks from Stavron are all mounted up. I don't really have a lot left to do. I don't have pictures yet :x , but I will probably take some tomorrow :wink: . The only major thing I have yet to do is fabricate a mounting bracket for my oil cooler 8O . The rest is a few simple bolts until I get the rear disk ordered. I will be running a stock front rim until my Stavron 12 inch rim kit comes in, but that's not a big deal. The bike is going to be silver (frame, swingarm, part of motor, part of graphics, etc.), black (rims, fork clamps, fork gaurds, tank, etc.), red (plastic, part of graphics, part of shock, etc.), maybe magnesium colored side cases, blue (little parts on motor, handlebars (thanks again Willis), etc.), and a little white and yellow on graphics 8) . Thats without going into detail :lol: :roll: :lol: . Main parts of bike are Perimeter frame, Stratos forks, and TB 88 with head. It's past 3:30 A.M. here so I think I'm gonna hang it up for the night. I'll keep everyone posted :wink: .

· Registered
810 Posts
Well I am still waiting on mine. I did get my SR6 forks in the other day and the 12 inch wheel and hub was ordered yesterday. It looks like its still going to be a while on the 3 bearing hub and disk.......................Hey Cyclerider57 does your perimiter frame have the foot pegs intergrated into the frame or is the foot peg still mounted onto the cases'

2,260 Posts
mike224 said:
Well I am still waiting on mine. I did get my SR6 forks in the other day and the 12 inch wheel and hub was ordered yesterday. It looks like its still going to be a while on the 3 bearing hub and disk.......................Hey Cyclerider57 does your perimiter frame have the foot pegs intergrated into the frame or is the foot peg still mounted onto the cases'

they are on the frame...

...at least on my frame they are. :lol:

haha... working on the baddest motard bike ever.

· Registered
10,051 Posts
breakinspokes said:
[quote name='mike224']Well I am still waiting on mine. I did get my SR6 forks in the other day and the 12 inch wheel and hub was ordered yesterday. It looks like its still going to be a while on the 3 bearing hub and disk.......................Hey Cyclerider57 does your perimiter frame have the foot pegs intergrated into the frame or is the foot peg still mounted onto the cases'

they are on the frame...

...at least on my frame they are. :lol:

haha... working on the baddest motard bike ever.[/quote]

Baddest XR/CRF50 based motard ever maybe.. I got a pair of these cool Sava Race Tires I purchased from some cool guy that is going to look awesome on one of my motards...

Post some pictures when you get 'em

· Registered
810 Posts
Thanks,......... I talked with BBR about a month ago and the guy I was talking to didnt make much sense when I asked him about this.jSo it looks like they will have peg mounts...Cool 8)

P.S. I will post pics when it arrives.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just got done with it. Working sucks man. I only have nights to work on my personal stuff. I didn't make a mount for oil cooler yet, but I managed to get it solid with the trusty zip ties :lol: . It is dark and muddy so I didn't get to take it to the dirt yet. I rode it around our driveway though. It handles incredible. When you turn it turns. It is a combo between the forks and frame. My Hanebrink stuff extended the swingarm 4 inches so it didn't turn very sharp. This thing turns on a dime and gives you a nickel and 4 pennies back. The suspension seems plush so far. I have not gotten it airborn yet though. I know the disk brake on the front will stop you in a hurry. Much better than the disk on Hanebrink forks. I will go get the camera and take some pictures right now. They should be up in 10-15 minutes depending how many times my internet messes up.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry that the pictures are not very good quality. I used an older digital camcorder/ camera. We just got a new camera so if I get time maybe I will take some new pictures. Hopefully they will be better quality.

· Registered
1,439 Posts
damn u took enough lol i am getting mine hopefully soon and i am putting the kitaco 117se kit i hope it rips. but it looks kick from the picks mine is going to look like tedescos kawi with black and green hopefully it turns out good. but congrads

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Before I slide them down I am going to ride it around more. I like the bike being level to my liking. It may be goonish, but if I'm comfortable I will go faster. So watch out when the goon bike passes you... :lol: . My mom maybe goofy, but I have never seen her bend over behind a 50 8O .

EDIT: I know it took a long time to get pics up. My net messed up every time I tried to upload. At least they are up. I was going to get a 117, but I decided to wait a while. I have not read the 124SE thread, but I may be glad I waited :twisted: .

1 - 20 of 92 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.