PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep just a tad bit of a update with pics! ;)

Been awhile but got my shortend cr 85 front end mounted! That wheel is just a mock up I have no idea what hub it has on it. lol I just need to get a black kx 65 front wheel and a set of 65 spokes to lace up to my cr 85 front hub and brake setup I already have waiting.

Got some bar risers but might need a set of inch shorter ones depending on what bars I run. The risers adjust forward and back also. Im gunna try a set of xr 50 bend but they may be a bit too high with this set of risers so I may go for a shorter set of kx 65/ klx 110 bend bars. Have to play with bar bends to find the right set for me. lol

Need some fastway 50 pegs and a bbr rear brake pedal still also. Hopefully down the road Im saving up some money to find a deal on a 124 dohc motor is what really wanna stuff in there! :cool: Yep its slowly coming together! haha

Attachments

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Heres is a update to where this build is at now! lol

Got the custom made bbr swingarm on it thanks to kxracer561 and gave me a stiffer elka rear shock spring that costella ran! Also updated the custom shortend cr 85 frontend with a set of forks shortend and redone by Feal wtih stiffer springs along with ultra trick Tri Star clamps. I still have my other set of shortend cr85 forks and clamps setup from earlier pics of my build...

Im working on getting my custom bar risers made then I can decide on which bend of handle bars I need not even sure where to start with handle bar selection yet. Also working on putting together my black kx 65 front wheel that will be running a cr 85 front brake setup since the one on it now is just a mockup wheel to roll it around. To make it perfect I might need to find a oversize diameter kx 65 front rotor but it should work wit a stocker good enough.

Im still in need of some fastway 50 footpegs and a bbr rear disc brake pedal so if anyone has that stuff let me know. Also if anyone has got a black kx 65 complete front wheel hit me up I will buy that stuff right away! lol

Im still looking around for a dohc motor for this bike when I get the funds also. I would love a tak doch but a daytona dohc would do too I guess. lol Either that or a 124 twin spark but I could settle for a 124 SE motor too.

Attachments

·
Registered
571 Posts
Heres is a update to where this build is at now! lol

Got the custom made bbr swingarm on it thanks to kxracer561 and gave me a stiffer elka rear shock spring that costella ran! Also updated the custom shortend cr 85 frontend with a set of forks shortend and redone by Feal wtih stiffer springs along with ultra trick Tri Star clamps. I still have my other set of shortend cr85 forks and clamps setup from earlier pics of my build...

Im working on getting my custom bar risers made then I can decide on which bend of handle bars I need not even sure where to start with handle bar selection yet. Also working on putting together my black kx 65 front wheel that will be running a cr 85 front brake setup since the one on it now is just a mockup wheel to roll it around. To make it perfect I might need to find a oversize diameter kx 65 front rotor but it should work wit a stocker good enough.

Im still in need of some fastway 50 footpegs and a bbr rear disc brake pedal so if anyone has that stuff let me know. Also if anyone has got a black kx 65 complete front wheel hit me up I will buy that stuff right away! lol

Im still looking around for a dohc motor for this bike when I get the funds also. I would love a tak doch but a daytona dohc would do too I guess. lol Either that or a 124 twin spark but I could settle for a 124 SE motor too.

I might be able to trade you a bbr rear disc brake kit that will fit that thing perfect for the one you have on there now.. I need one like that for a ktm65 rear wheel project I am doing...

as for motor do a 119 daytona dohc its better then takegawa by far. or wait a few months and the daytona 150 will come with new daytona japan cases that wont break and get one of those . you cant beat the price. I have been using one and got all the bugs worked out.. ( I hope!)

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
cut those zip ties off your rear brake line! drill and tap two holes inline down your swinger and run two rubber lined clamps to hold the brake line

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
and personally I would run a 124 SE, 117 SE or TB 117 with a lightened flywheel and takegawa special clutch and CR trans. Unless you want a light switch revver that wont last long...

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
I dunno whos selling it but theres a 124 SE for sale in the classified section for $1550 looks clean and is a killer deal!

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
[sup][/sup]

Dont worry zip ties are just to hold the brake line in place for now it will be getting some nice plastic cable holders put on the swingarm in due time.

I got a built reeg crf 70 also thats running a tb117 stroker motor with all the goodies and its nice but im wanting to go bigger for a motor on this build. Im finishing up my chp dual exhaust setup on it along with making a kx 65 rear wheel and brake setup work which is almost complete and finally changing the rake angle soon...

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Bike is almost completed will get some new pics up soon!
sik looking bike for sure , what bars did you end up useing ? if nothing yet look at renthal 611's that's what i run shorter then xr50 bend and a bit taller then kx65 bend bars (see my avatar pic)

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yea I need to figure out bars yet once i get my new spool gun for my mig welder so I can make my bar risers work since I dont need a tall bar at all. Thanks for the tip demondave I will look into that.

I have not been on here for awhile cuz I have not had no internet service but heres a quick pic of how its coming along. The tristar clamps are sick on the feal shortend 85 forks and I got my kx 65 front wheel to work and the oversize wave rotor on there from sik tend. I also hated the look of the bbr muffler can so I fabbed in a cr 250f right side muffler on it. The motor came from SHADE running a tb117 stroker setup with head work and alll the goodies like inner rotor etc. I wanted a 124 dohc motor but could not find one at the time but this motor is said to rip and it looks sick with the black accents!

So all I need to do is finish my bar risers and find a set of bars that look good and feel nice to me on the bike.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts