PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Seems perimeter frames are still desirable to a select few die hards, forums on the other hand, seem to be gasping for air. Gonna pull the trigger on the perimeter, class rules be damned.

· Super Moderator
4,508 Posts
Good for you. Yes, the forums have readers, but not many responses or posts. I still love the perimeters BBR sold. They are so iconic, there will come a time everyone will want one again. You may be the leading wave on folks building these up again. There is something that happens with items like this, where they were the top of the heap when they first came out, then they fade away, then come back for all the people like yourself whom always wanted one, and can now make it happen. A lot of people say they want one for their kid so the kid can have the same bike they had or wanted when they were a kid their self. Probably more than a few that will build it up just to re-live their youth. Whatever your reason, post up some pics of your build, I will be watching.

· Registered
1,430 Posts
The introduction of FB Groups has really done a number to online forums. You'll find a few devoted PM Members sticking it out and trying to keep this place alive. I prefer to document builds on PM because it's saved me countless times in the past when I google very specific questions. Who knows when someone will run into the exact some question/problem I had and they get directed to a solution I found. FB Groups wont do that for ya.

I'm also stubborn and enjoy the nostalgia of this place.

· Super Moderator
4,508 Posts
The introduction of FB Groups has really done a number to online forums. You'll find a few devoted PM Members sticking it out and trying to keep this place alive. I prefer to document builds on PM because it's saved me countless times in the past when I google very specific questions. Who knows when someone will run into the exact some question/problem I had and they get directed to a solution I found. FB Groups wont do that for ya.

I'm also stubborn and enjoy the nostalgia of this place.
There are tons of people who use the site as a resource, but never join, or they join and never post. I am on the same page with you as far as documenting the builds. Thanks for staying around, bro!

· Registered
106 Posts
this little ripper has been for sale on ebay now some few months

not exactly a cheap bargain price, but she sure looks sexy!

this one is a little rougher, not much info, but less money nonetheless

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
this little ripper has been for sale on ebay now some few months

not exactly a cheap bargain price, but she sure looks sexy!

this one is a little rougher, not much info, but less money nonetheless

I put an offer in around (a tad under) what I've recently paid hoping to strike a negotiation with the seller to get to a place where we were both happy, but no such luck. (If you happen to be on here, send me a message!) The green one is of interest, but I think it's priced a tad high in today's buyer's market. Found another MM12p locally I'm considering, but I'm afraid to turn it into a garage queen given all the paperwork and history it has. My mechanical sympathy is lacking

1 - 8 of 8 Posts