PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a 2013 PRB 100cc bike with 6.7kms on it for sale locally just wondering how they are?

I have a ZB also.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've heard of a PBR 125 (Skytean Chinese ZB clone) but never a PRB 100.
tmas
Could very well be a typo

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Picked up the bike last night!
Owner said it hadn't ran in three years so he had a mechanic look at it and said one jet was plugged and he was going to order a new one. He also said it ran but wouldn't idle good. I picked it up as is.

Well I tore into this morning cleaned the carb and dirty jet is now clean. Battery was stone dead so I put in a spare I had and cranked it over but it won't start!

No spark at all. I switched CDI boxes and nothing switched the coil still nothing. A different spark plug nothing. Cleaned the ground contacts on the frame still nothing.

I hate chasing electrical problems like this at a loss right now. 20190703_210351.jpg

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just a thought...
have a look for a 10 amp fuse close to the battery and make sure it's ok.is there a switch by the kickstand?
tmas
I did check the fuse with my meter and it’s ok and yes there is a switch on the stand! I’m hoping it’s something obvious I’m missing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Try disconnecting the side stand switch and see if you have spark. I found an Skyteam manual. The wiring diagram is on page #37. Make sure your spark plug boot has a good connection to the wire. Check the neutral switch too.
tmas

https://planetminis.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=42009&d=1240074271
Disconnected the side stand switch and I have spark!!!

Managed to get it running although poorly, excessively rich. Float height may be out or something I have a similar sheng-wey carb I will try.
This thing has lots of vacuum lines every where for smog would like to remove.

Thanks tmas.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
The stock exhaust has a catalytic converter that will give you all kinds of issues. You can replace in with a honda monkey down pipe and it will really make it breathe.There's also an egr on the bottom of the head that can be removed, or if you really want more performance you can replace the head with a big valve head. The carburetor is some epa approved junk and should be replaced with a 26mm carb

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The stock exhaust has a catalytic converter that will give you all kinds of issues. You can replace in with a honda monkey down pipe and it will really make it breathe.There's also an egr on the bottom of the head that can be removed, or if you really want more performance you can replace the head with a big valve head. The carburetor is some epa approved junk and should be replaced with a 26mm carb
It would barely run with the stock carb so rich it was choking out. Had a new carb that was similar but I had no fuel?

Trying a 22mm carb I had on a running bike not too long ago hopefully it will run ok!

I pulled the canister and most of the vacuum lines off already.

If I like the bike I was thinking big bore and gig valve head but I don’t want to sink a lot of money in right now.

Any recommendations on a bbk and head?

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Fired right up with this carb!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts