PlanetMinis Forums banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I had this kit in my YX160. It worked well. And yes, both the fibers and metal plates are thinner than stock.

I recently went to a 212 kit on my Anima, and the clutch started slipping (23hp range now). I have confirmed myself that the YX clutch parts will dimensionally fit the inner and outer basket, but the clutch pack thickness is different. I am currently running a 7-disk bastard clutch pack with mostly the thinner fibers and disks of the kit mentioned above, with a few of the thicker plates from the stock Anima clutch to make the total pack thickness similar. This mod completely eliminated the hurky-jerky clutch release on the Anima. I have yet to find stiffer springs that work, the Anima clutch requires much longer springs than the YX160 did.
That is great information.

On the springs Tbolt lists a fiber/spring kit for ZS155 and Daytona Anima. Have you tried the springs from that kit? I never had a ZS155 variant but maybe it has longer springs like the Anima.

I can't confirm anything but it looks now like W-15-1704 would not fit/be the springs in the W-TRC-9385 fiber+spring kit if the ZS155 had longer springs like the Anima

·
Registered
3 Posts
Your chart and comments impress me, well done!
If you want any sort of RPM out of the thing, it needs proper valves, valve guides and valve springs. The stuff it comes with are junk. Plus the cam profile in the same in/ex so there is work to be done there. You have the idea to make it pump, now make it breathe.
I realize this is a slightly older thread, but now I'm wondering. Essentially, I've built a custom one off miniGP race bike using the Daytona Anima 4v 190. After looking through this thread, and seeing other information, I'm considering going down the road of building a 190 using a 150 crank and a 70mm piston. I personally prefer higher revving motors for my style of riding on asphalt tracks. I like the power delivery. On the plus side, I have a small hobby sized machine shop. I've got a Bridgeport, a metal lathe, TIG for welding aluminum. I've started doing research on valve seats and cutting them. As for your post about needing proper valves, valve guides, and valve springs, do you have any part suggestions for this bike? If I have to make my own valves, I'm likely going to just buy 1 of each oem valve to get sizes. I don't feel like tearing my motor apart long enough to make all the parts and stuff. What's wrong with the guides? Are they removable? I've done guides on my crf150f, and figured if I had to do them again, I'd just make my own. I may be over simplifying here, but the biggest considering for me is just getting the right size reamer for after installation. If I end up making my own valves, well, that becomes easier.

I'm going to be contacting some of the piston companies, but if anyone knows of a 70mm piston that works, info would be great. Otherwise, I may just order an OEM 150 piston for measurements.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I realize this is a slightly older thread, but now I'm wondering. Essentially, I've built a custom one off miniGP race bike using the Daytona Anima 4v 190. After looking through this thread, and seeing other information, I'm considering going down the road of building a 190 using a 150 crank and a 70mm piston. I personally prefer higher revving motors for my style of riding on asphalt tracks. I like the power delivery. On the plus side, I have a small hobby sized machine shop. I've got a Bridgeport, a metal lathe, TIG for welding aluminum. I've started doing research on valve seats and cutting them. As for your post about needing proper valves, valve guides, and valve springs, do you have any part suggestions for this bike? If I have to make my own valves, I'm likely going to just buy 1 of each oem valve to get sizes. I don't feel like tearing my motor apart long enough to make all the parts and stuff. What's wrong with the guides? Are they removable? I've done guides on my crf150f, and figured if I had to do them again, I'd just make my own. I may be over simplifying here, but the biggest considering for me is just getting the right size reamer for after installation. If I end up making my own valves, well, that becomes easier.

I'm going to be contacting some of the piston companies, but if anyone knows of a 70mm piston that works, info would be great. Otherwise, I may just order an OEM 150 piston for measurements.
Hey, Valves are a poor shape, Valve guides are crappy material, Cam profile is super boring, spins are crappy too. Come up with the valves and guides you want and have a company like DelWest or Xceldyne make them for you. Have webcam make you a profile based on your specs and parameters, get some springs either make or buy to hold it together. I would underbalance the rotating assembly so its better on acceleration but thats just me. have fun!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hopefully it's OK to bump this topic. I got here from google researching Daytona Animas etc.

I have a fleet of GoKarts that I'm considering equipping with mini engines so this topic caught my interest big time. Sure appreciate the advise from folks here on parts selection.
Looking for CR80 (ish) performance, but parity and reliability is more important than getting that last HP this since they will just be racing each other. But they will be raced HARD and probably put away wet :D

Curious what you guys would recommend for base product\parts selection based on what's on the market now. The Daytona Anima doesn't seem worth the premium over the GPX given that I'm not sure a 4 valve head will serve our purpose well.. I think two good stainless valves might be better than four sh!tty ones. A cam for broad power vs high RPM. Maybe even a different CDI with a lower RPM limit..

Not opposed to having machining done if needed.

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
The anima block is WORLDS better than the gpx. The anima in virgin form at least on the dyno i use makes easily 6 more hp over the gpx. Not does it make a shit ton more in virgin form it has WAY more potential for furthering performance down the road. As it's been noted a number of times the valve train could definitely be better. Trail bikes now has a ev-8 equivalent Ss valve kit with c630 guides and good viton seals for the anima. The intake valves are a little larger 25mm vs the factory 24.5mm and valves a designed a little shorter than factory valves. Why?.... when you replace guides you should recut the seats not lap them to death. Not to mention if the head has had time on it the seats will need to be touched any how. Being as such the valves were made a little shorter so you have some nut room to clean up the seats and still maintain factory valve protrusions and installed heights. Plenty of cool things that can be done to make more power. Just doing a good carb/efi setup and exhaust puts the anima close to hp as a 150r. That being said it doesn't take much work/effort to make them make more hp than a virgin 150r.

What alot of kart guys, 3 wheeler, atv, and street guys are doing to keep cost down is picking up a zs block and slapping the anima top end on it. The zs is a 5 speed and e start. Daytona has a 5 speed e start anima model as well. But there are some guys selling the zs right around 6 bills. Where as the anima 5 speed if memory serves is right around 1400-1600 range. Hope this helps

Hopefully it's OK to bump this topic. I got here from google researching Daytona Animas etc.

I have a fleet of GoKarts that I'm considering equipping with mini engines so this topic caught my interest big time. Sure appreciate the advise from folks here on parts selection.
Looking for CR80 (ish) performance, but parity and reliability is more important than getting that last HP this since they will just be racing each other. But they will be raced HARD and probably put away wet :D

Curious what you guys would recommend for base product\parts selection based on what's on the market now. The Daytona Anima doesn't seem worth the premium over the GPX given that I'm not sure a 4 valve head will serve our purpose well.. I think two good stainless valves might be better than four sh!tty ones. A cam for broad power vs high RPM. Maybe even a different CDI with a lower RPM limit..

Not opposed to having machining done if needed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
That helps a lot. When you say the Anima (I keep thinking enema LOL) is much better than the GPX, are you talking about build quality/casing strength too?
On the ZS you mentioned, the ZS212 also caught my attention. What are your experiences with those? Retain the 2 valve setup, replace valves with higher quality ones if needed.
I like the idea of having extra displacement already to go with a two valve head.... and holding the motor back a little with the carb size if needed.

I'm still leery on these five speeds so I'd be curious to see if the weak spots can be resolved.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Anima head for power/potential.

ZS190 top end for less expensive thrills with anima head being the logical upgrade.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts