PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about painting my stock fork "uppers" a dark silver or black since it really changes the appearance of the forks. Should I spray them with some sandable primer, sand them, and then paint, or just paint them the way they are? I dont want it to look chintsy and dull...but you can only expect so much from spray paint. Any preference to a certain brand of paint?

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
the thing about spray painting is to take your time, SHAKE the can ALOT before you use it the more the better. spray the can far away from the surface to avoid drips. and put on as many paint and clear coats as you have time for.(clears; at least 2 but 3 or 4 looks sick!) get the most expensive paint you can find!! cheap spray paint looks like crap is almost always too runny, and is had to work with.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
my friend put black duck tape on his, at first glance i thought he painted it and i was sitting on it!! from a short distance you cant even tell its tape rather thatn paint, it looks sick and is quiker than paint, but then again its personal preference

·
Registered
10 Posts
i would have them powder coated.. i did mine gloss black and they look perfect... best part is that it cost me $15.00 and the finish is harder than nails.. also they wont ever chip!

·
Registered
52 Posts
If you do spray paint them, bake them in an oven for 15 minutes or so at 300-400 it will really tuffen the finish up. i powdercaoted mine with this home powder coating kit. I did it gloss black, they look pretty sweet. If they where spray paint they would be all scratched up for sure.

·
Registered
755 Posts
danielbmx said:
If you do spray paint them, bake them in an oven for 15 minutes or so at 300-400 it will really tuffen the finish up. i powdercaoted mine with this home powder coating kit. I did it gloss black, they look pretty sweet. If they where spray paint they would be all scratched up for sure.

i hope your not using the oven for foos after PC in it 8O , the chemicals can kill you 8O

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Just an idea, I did my forks with this chrome tape for like boats and stuff? Almost like a thicker pin stripe type thing, Im not sure if you can see it but in my avatar it has my forks done like that, just do like mulisha says put the seems torward the steering stem, my friend thought I had new forks :lol: :twisted:

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Yeah I know 8O anyone want a set of stock forks with +1 chromo legs and stiff springs?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.