PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am bidding on a bike on ebay and the bike is in Oklahoma. I am in Ca. Anyone ever purchased a bike from out of state? Any problems with registration?

·
Registered
10,051 Posts
If it's a dirt bike, you can't register it for road use anyway, unless it has a valid Oklahoma title for road use. If you don't have a valid Oklahoma title for road use, you won't be able to get a CA title for it.

Please be more specific and I can give you more information.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a brand new BBR Super Pro frame I am planning on throwing this purchased bike onto. This frame has its own serial numbers right? Does the Ca DMV use the numbers off of the motor or the frame? In CA the bike has to be registered for off road use. Will I be able to do it or not? If not, does that mean people in CA cannot legally own a bike from out of state? Sorry, I just don't understand the process. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
567 Posts
As long as they transfer the title over to you your good. They need to sign it over so its in your name not theirs anymore.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.